PDA

View Full Version : Give us OGO-Taiki

Mylenium
02-12-2003, 12:08 AM
Hi NewTek,

Please drop Skytracer and give us OGO_Taiki! I just downloaded the Beta and it is really amazing. Not only does it look much, much better but this guy really tries to turn it into a world simulator. I would very much love to have such a thing for LW. Maybe you can talk to him and make it happen. While you're at it -Hikari is also very lovely.

Mylenium

Hervé
02-12-2003, 11:26 PM
Yah, very cool plugin, really sh... docs as always.... I could figure out a couple of stuff, but for lighting an object, hmmm everything look very dark, but no his mountains, so I replaced the mountains by an object, but the resilt was cool, but the object very dark (unlike the mountains), so I've tried to go 200 foe the light, so then the object looked cool, but then the sky was almost white..?!? and I couldnt figure out anything in the ui.... and changing the background brightness (ogo environment), but 10% or 10000000% has no effect.... OGO said an english page prepares in a few days, but that's a year already..... well let's go back to work...

pixelmonk
02-14-2003, 09:43 AM
Well technically we already have Taiki. Support the developer by buying Hikari and you'll get Taiki. I too would like to see the developer's stuff integrated into LW, but in the mean time it's great to see kick butt stuff being created by 3rd party developers. Support those developers. :D

Mylenium
02-14-2003, 11:05 AM
Hi pixelmonk,

I suppose you're right and then again you're not right. You see, Skytracer is good enough for an average everyday sky thingy but it is never very impressive. If you are after some really breathtaking looks it just can't deliver. It always looks flat and - ummmh - uninteresting to say the least. As for Mr. Ogo's profit - I surely would support him but especially with those Japanese guys there is a major problem: They have great ideas, good programming stills but no support mechanisms (most of them don't even speak English) and the ways of distribution are sometimes mysterious like unto God. This has stopped me from buying Hikari and Pictrix plugins. It would be just to nice if someone could find a way of making this work better (not necessarily NT) - it would greatly benefit the (non-Japanese) community.

Mylenium

Hervé
02-15-2003, 01:30 AM
Yes I think you're right... I bought Hikari's excellent SSS for $25, so I could not goo wrong, but have never used it really .... I've e-mailed so many times, no answers.... no support...

A year ago the banner "an english page prepares in a few day was already here....

....and I remember someone saying on the old forum that the Taiki would be free for all SSS registred users, so...

Oh and Piselmonk does not know what he's talking about, sure keep an eye on skytracer, but for me, it's nothing (at least in "arch-viz), clients of mine would laugh if I start to use it.... but again maybe someone has a powerful setting, I just dont have the time to play.... si I'd rather use nice sky photos, better, faster, more accurate...

Cheers