PDA

View Full Version : I Robot

monovich
07-09-2004, 11:15 AM
I posted up my first image over on CGChannel. It's a freelance model and rendering I did about a year ago for I Robot. Wanted to put it up here because it was all done in Lightwave. I'm also just excited because I finally got permission to show it from the company that hired me to make it.

More info at the link:

http://www.cgchannel.com/gallery/viewimage.jsp?imgID=4682

constructive criticism is welcome. I wish I had done some things better (more small details, and the pose), but it was a three day deadline.

riki
07-10-2004, 01:44 AM
Looks great, my only crits, maybe the chest plate needed a bit more detail, also it looks very tall and thin. I guess that's part of the look though. Well done, it must be great to work on a project like this. I'm looking forward to seeing the film.

veljko
07-10-2004, 04:58 AM
pretty darn cool!
great work!
:)

igorstshirts
07-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Looks very pro. I like how you've designed the legs for sure.

hrgiger
07-12-2004, 06:50 PM
It's nice work.

I'm not sure about the look of the robots in the film though. They don't look very real to me....I am looking forward ot seeing the movie. I love stories like that.

aniboy2000
07-13-2004, 08:26 PM
If you like "stories like that," read Asimov's book. From what I've seen in previews, the movie has very little to do with the book (it seems to be loosely based on one of the short stories in the book). Also, none of the characters in the book remotely resemble the one portrayed by Will Smith.

-FP-
07-17-2004, 05:19 PM
It looks better to me than the designs I see in the TV commercial for the film.

The robots in the actual movie look like they're made from unfinished fiberglass. I think the texture guys went nuts with translucent/subsurface stuff. A production model would probably look more like yours.