PDA

View Full Version : mirror question

Mat
07-08-2004, 09:01 PM
Here is my question, what is the correct use for the mirror tool,

should I only use the mirror tool In one direction, ie I have this 3D
charcter and some times when I model I will change the poly detail on one side and mirror that detail across. When I went into lightwave and fiddled with the light there was this strange crease this crease only showed up on the one side. I then went about checking for : duplicat polys, polys alinged the wrong way, checking surface atributes, made sure that the points were welded corectly, nup wasn't any of these, and the only way I could correct this crease was to del polys individualy and re-poly them.

this is not a big drama as long as I know what is causeing
these creases.

Shloime
07-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Hi.

I'm not sure if that answer will help you: I assume that you delete the unchanged part on the one side before you mirror the changed part from the other side. Did you press "m" (merge points)? The mirror-tool has a "merge points" integrated, but strangly sometimes it forgets a few, and you have to manually press "m" again.
The other way is to completely delete one side of the face and then mirror it back, again with a "m" after that. But that only applies, when the face is truly symmetrical and you don't have any differences in your sides, of course.