PDA

View Full Version : Inside LightWave [8] Book

dablan
07-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Quite a few people have emailed about the release of my new book, "Inside LightWave [8]." Just to let you know if you're interested, it's now shipping from Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735713685/qid%3D1074965039/sr%3D2-1/danablandotcom/102-0669281-5996903) , Safe Harbor Computers (http://sharbor.com/products/SAMN4000016.html) , and others. It was ranked #9 on the Amazon best seller list today.

Thank you.

object
07-08-2004, 11:00 PM
That sell rating is awsome Dan. Maybe you'll catch up with Scott Kelby's "Photoshop for digital Photographers" book. I bought your book, but it will be a while before I am able to go throught it.
I like the tip on modeling architecture windows in your tips book.

thanks

dablan
07-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Thanks -
Scott's book is pretty great. And, it's got a much wider audience than a little LightWave book. At least we get placement next to the real books :)

reverie
07-09-2004, 05:30 AM
And, it's got a much wider audience than a little LightWave book

"Little" Lightwave book? It must be lots smaller than Inside LW7 then. I have curvature of the spine from lugging that one around. :D

Just kiddin'. I LOVE whopping big books. Love 'em! Can't wait to get Inside LW8 and study them splines and UVs. ;)

Jan

Jamel
07-09-2004, 12:57 PM
the dvd that came with my book wont run :confused:

ddho1981
07-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Awesome--thanks Dan! Just ordered it. Your books are great and I recommend the Inside series to all of my friends interested in learning lightwave

kmscottmoore
07-09-2004, 01:29 PM
I agree with reverie, Dan's books are a much better value than Scott's in a Dollar per pound, Piggly Wiggly sort of way. If you want a super-sized book, Dan is the Man!!

:D

Actually, I like Kelby's writing style, and he is a good speaker, but content-wise his books are a little repetitive, and he usually takes the easy way out on a lot of projects. Look at any of his "re-creating popular ads in Photoshop" articles. He gets it about 75% right, then calls it done. I've never had a paying client that would accept what he calls finished work in those articles.

archiea
07-09-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by dablan
Quite a few people have emailed about the release of my new book, "Inside LightWave [8]." Just to let you know if you're interested, it's now shipping from Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735713685/qid%3D1074965039/sr%3D2-1/danablandotcom/102-0669281-5996903) , Safe Harbor Computers (http://sharbor.com/products/SAMN4000016.html) , and others. It was ranked #9 on the Amazon best seller list today.

Thank you.

Dan, congrats on the book, btw....

Something I've been meaning to ask... Have you consdiered writing a book, and/or giving a class regarding your experiences in the business.... both relating to LW and not..

Something like Timothy's Kaze book but relating to the business, not production.

considering you experience, and the lack of such a subject in the LW community, I believe it would be helpful to us and profitable for you..
thanks!!!

dablan
07-09-2004, 04:48 PM
First, thanks a lot!

A book like that could be good, I think. I could tell you a few things or two about clients, people, "friends" - that's for sure.

But it should really be more of a chapter within a book. Perhaps a book that really shows you how to use a program, then how to create a reel, apply for a job, or perform a job, quote it out, etc.

My publisher is now even larger as there was a merger with PeacPit. So, New Riders, Adobe Press, Sams, PeachPit, etc. are all part of the same group. I'm sure in there somewhere is a place to get something like this done.

Although, I've got some other fish to fry first.

Jamel
07-10-2004, 12:38 PM
In your book u said u can downlod the project files if u dont have a dvd-rom but i can find it on your website?

dablan
07-10-2004, 12:43 PM
I'll put up the project files this weekend. We're aquiring more server space. Note that only the project files are available for download. The DVD had 4.5 Gigs of stuff, which we simply can't put online.

Thanks,

cresshead
07-10-2004, 12:51 PM
4.5 gigs!!...what's on the dvd content with inside lightwave 8?
..are there video tutorials as well as objects/scenes?

sounds intriging?

..dan...do you have a list of contents for the book/dvd?

Zach
07-10-2004, 02:20 PM
Just saw the book at Powells Technical Store. Looks great! Still waiting for it to arrive at home from Amazon.

Really looking forward to messing around with the Modeling and Dynamics chapters.

CB_3D
07-10-2004, 03:19 PM
Looks great, Dan.
Can we see a chapterlist somewhere?

reverie
07-10-2004, 06:19 PM
The videos on the dvd are particularly nice. I like watching/listening/learning like that. :)

I know the cool 3D Garage textures are legal for us readers to use -- but what about the other stuff on the dvd? Like clipart samples and hdr images? I'm assuming they're okay to use, also, but I just wanted to make sure. :)

Thanks,
Jan

dablan
07-10-2004, 09:54 PM
Thanks guys -
check the read-me files on the DVD to make sure about usage. All of the 3D G stuff is cool to use, but of course, not distribute.

The DVD has a little more than 5 hours of video tutorials from 3D Garage. These are made for the book, and many continue a particular chapter even further. For example, the head modeling for the cover, takes you through spline creation, to polygon details in the book. The three videos to go with on the DVD bring in textures, UV's, etc. Some are unique on their own, like creating a full IK setup and walk cycle. And, you learn how to make the cycled walk actually look like walking by keyframing the character.

There are free textures from 3D Garage. There is also textures from Marlin Studios, and some from Real Texture. A Mimic 2 Pro demo is included, full color screen shots for the entire book - and then the content for the chapters.

I'll pull together a chapter and dvd list tomorrow. I have it backed up on another system.

Thanks again.

gjjackson
07-10-2004, 10:19 PM
Well ain't this peachy. I just checked at Amazon and found it shows it just shipped. I checked Friday and the tracking showed it to be in town here. Now it hasn't left Ky yet. What the hell; are we going back in time. No wonder my models seem to be fading away, as am I.

reverie
07-11-2004, 05:46 AM
gjjackson, your book fell thru a wormhole. George Washington is reading your copy of Inside LW8 right now, scratching his head and muttering, "What the @#$% is a Lightwave? I better call Ben Franklin about this." :D

Email Amazon cust. service -- they've always been good about straightening out messes for me. Even when I cussed 'em out because the [email protected]$$ postal people here in the boonies lost a book I'd ordered. I make sure I get things shipped UPS now. Good luck with finding your book. Bet you're frustrated as hell.

Thanks for the info, Dan the Man. :)

gjjackson
07-11-2004, 12:50 PM
Well, I just checked at amazon again and lo and behold it's here in town again. That guy must've figured out that whole space time continuum thing, finally.

Skonk
07-11-2004, 01:35 PM
Is the book out in the uk? im not getting any result on amazon.co.uk.

James..

dablan
07-11-2004, 01:51 PM
It's there, just not updated yet:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735713685/qid=1089575455/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_0_3/202-5354013-1072650

reverie
07-11-2004, 02:04 PM
gjjackson, glad your book is now on the same wavelength as the rest of the world. ;)

I don't know how you all feel about box modeling, but I've never liked it. It was too -- clunky. You know, select, subdivide, bevel...repeat. I was a point by point gal, myself. However, Chapter 10 has a surprisingly interesting box model tut that isn't boring at all. I guess it's the intricate little twists that keep you hooked -- and that produce better results than I'm used to getting with box modeling. This is a nice surprise -- the box modeling tut was one I was planning on skipping. :) Now, I'm intrigued by the whole process. Mr Proton did this one, right? Good job, Mr. Proton.

Don't get me wrong here -- I liked Inside LW7 and loved the head modeling tut that I use as a blueprint for every head I try to model. But Inside LW8 seems to move at a quicker pace -- and it has lots of neat twists and turns, like a good mystery story. :D

Ok, this is my dose of niceness for the day. Now, I can go back to being my usual mean self with a clear conscience. ;)

dablan
07-11-2004, 08:22 PM
Ok, you non-DVD-Rom type people, the INLW 8 project files are available for download.

Visit danablan.com (http://www.danablan.com) and follow the links.

emoboy83
07-11-2004, 11:15 PM
i cant wait for mine to arrive. man i wish there was an australian amazon so i dont have to wait 2 weeks.

retinajoy
07-12-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by gjjackson I checked Friday and the tracking showed it to be in town here. Now it hasn't left Ky yet. What the hell; are we going back in time. No wonder my models seem to be fading away, as am I. [/B]

As long as you don't see a giant bunny rabbit and find a jet engine go through your roof, the book should eventually arrive. :D

SPANKDADDY : I've ordered my Inside LW 8 from Amzon UK. Claims 4 day delivery.

Trawler
07-12-2004, 07:24 AM
Got Dan's book this weekend and I have to say, I love it. What I really like is how he begins a topic in a chapter and then goes into more detail on the companion video tutorials on the DVD. It's a great way to get the best of both worlds. I like video tutorials, but it's great to have a book to read while you're away from your PC.

Great job, Dan!! I'm really enjoying it so far.:D

janoverust
07-12-2004, 08:21 AM
Looking forward to read this monster! :D

gjjackson
07-12-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by reverie
gjjackson, glad your book is now on the same wavelength as the rest of the world. ;)
I'm sitting here anxiously waiting for it. UPS should show up any time now.

Ok, this is my dose of niceness for the day. Now, I can go back to being my usual mean self with a clear conscience. ;) [/B]
Oh no say it isn't so

As long as you don't see a giant bunny rabbit and find a jet engine go through your roof, the book should eventually arrive.

Knock Knock. Follow the white rabbit.

dablan
07-12-2004, 05:06 PM
I always pre-order one myself through Amazon. Not sure why, as I have about 10 of them already, but I do. It arrived today via USPS.

reverie
07-12-2004, 05:10 PM
gjjackson, hope UPS shows up soon. I know how that is, to sit by the door waiting...and waiting...and waiting. :)

I discovered something today, while reading the book in the doctor's office (I really hate sinuses -- sinuses and South Georgia pine trees/humidity do not mix). Anyway, the DVD is not just a repeat or illustration of what's in the book. It's got original lessons -- lessons that could've been additional sections in the book. This is turning out to be a really good deal here. Lots of eye and brain candy. ;) I can dig this. Totally.

gjjackson
07-12-2004, 05:58 PM
gjjackson, hope UPS shows up soon. I know how that is, to sit by the door waiting...and waiting...and waiting. :)

I discovered something today, while reading the book in the doctor's office (I really hate sinuses -- sinuses and South Georgia pine trees/humidity do not mix). Anyway, the DVD is not just a repeat or illustration of what's in the book. It's got original lessons -- lessons that could've been additional sections in the book. This is turning out to be a really good deal here. Lots of eye and brain candy. ;) I can dig this. Totally.

Just got it. Yippeeee!!!!!! Watching a couple of the videos.

Sent PM.

kurv
07-14-2004, 09:34 AM
Can't wait to get my copy Dan, looking forward to it!!

dablan
07-14-2004, 09:38 AM
Thanks Wes.
Got my Tips & Tricks a few weeks ago. Great job by everyone involved.

tjacobs
07-14-2004, 11:55 AM
Received my copy on Monday. So how did not make it to work on Tuesday, cough, cough. ;)

Actually I had already asked for the day off earlier, the timing just worked out to give me more time to read the book. Which btw, rocks.

Aegis
07-14-2004, 03:11 PM
Got my copy today - excellent stuff as always - my wife's nicked it though 'cause she thinks I get paid too much for what I do and wants to get in on the act - see what you've done now Dan? :D

dablan
07-15-2004, 10:38 AM
Aegis,
it's just the beginning - tell her that.

:)

My wife has to deal with my digital camera and gadget addiction.

TSpyrison
07-15-2004, 10:57 AM
My wife and I have a yin-yang relationship..

She likes to make money..

I enjoy spending it.

Cman
07-15-2004, 03:02 PM
I wasn't going to get this one, seeing as I already have ILW6 and 7- but that DVD has me sold!

Barred
07-17-2004, 09:14 AM
Mine arrived this morning.

A big thanks to Dan and everyone else involved. The vids on the DVD are worth the price alone.

Now to open the book :)

dablan
07-17-2004, 09:54 AM
Thanks all...

And Cman, glad you got the book. It's a brand new book, resdesigned and different from the INLW 6 and INLW 7 books.

Paul_Boland
07-17-2004, 12:16 PM
Has a chapter list been posted for viewing? I'd like to see what the book covers.

dablan
07-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Here you go:

Inside LightWave 8 0-7357-1368-5

Front Matter
Introduction

1 Quick-Start
2 3D Animation Basics
3 Modeler
4 Layout
5 Keyframing and Graph Editor
6 Lighting
7 Textures
8 Cinematic Tools
9 Simple Modeling and Animation
10 Modeling Quadrapedal Characters
11 Complex Modeling and Print Rendering
12 Modeling Vehicles and Weapons
13 Modeling Bipedal Characters
14 Enhanced Textures and Environments
15 Character Rigging and Setup
16 Animating Characters
17 Particle and Dynamic Effects
18 Advanced Dynamic Creations
19 Cloth Dynamics
20 Match Moving and Compositing
21 Rendering and ScreamerNet
A Plug-in List
B Learning Resources and Web Links
C What’s on the DVD

Index
Backmatter
Colophon

And, for the DVD, there are free textures, color images of the books screen shots, plug-ins, demos, and 3D Garage.com videos.
The video listings are as follows:

Book DVD Tutorials

CH9 Follower 3:39
LogoCreative 8:04
LogoVolumetric 7:53

CH11 EhancedLighting 5:17

CH12 HDR on the Vette. 11:40

CH15 IKBoost 13:33
Human Skelegons 15:36
Character Weighting 10:02
Applying Weights 11:51
TVGuyBones 6:29
Giraffe Skelegons 8:52
Human Rigging (ONLINE)
LayoutBoneTools (ONLINE)
Bone Dynamics 5:23
Bone Split 3:06
WalkCycles 17:31

CH13 MoreModeling 10:20
TextureDude_1 8:44
TextureDude_2 16:37
TextureDude_3 15:38
TextureDude_4 10:06
VertexPanel 2:09

CH16 Character Motion (Online)
ENDOMORPHS | Morph Mixer (Online)

CH 17 Faucet (texture/light) 22:19
Particles for smoke 14:49
Paricles for explosion with HV 11:20

CH18 Chair Shatter 11:15
BrickWall 7:12

CH20 MatchMoving1 8:34
MatchMoving2 13:45
MatchMoving3 8:38

Extras Using Saslite 9:02
Cel Shading 12:07
Make Buttons 3:14
Rounder 10:34
Particle Illusion 4:09
Mimic 5:24
TechSmith 1:08
IBC

Hope that answers your questions.

cresshead
07-17-2004, 02:26 PM
got my copy yesterday...the book's content look's great and some of the videos are pretty cool too seeing as they are a "free extra" tagged along with the book on dvd disc though they are not a "video version of the book" like that of maya 5 fundementals but rather they follow on from the book's chapters and add other things in there in addition to the book's content as well as some quick overviews of other stuff that's not in the content of the book such as cel shaders and mimic..though these are only tasters and not full blown tutorials they are most welcome as a push in the direction of things that users may not have used yet so they may temp users into investigating such things as mimic and celshader.

...and it's a heavy book!!!

my first stop will be to read proton's toon quadroped modeling chapter....

cheers dan for your book...sits well next to inside lightwave 7.0!

steve g

dablan
07-17-2004, 02:37 PM
Thanks Steve -
man, that was a long sentance! :)

Only about three of the demo videos (like mimic, techsmith) are just an overview/teaser kind of thing to get you going. The rest of videos are full blow tutorials, sometimes into two or three parts. Please see the list I posted earlier. The idea was to have a continuation of the chapters - not just a video of "this is what this chapter will create." I've seen that in other books, such as After Effects, and although it's nice, it's not very helpful. I hope the videos on the INLW 8 DVD are more helpful to you than that...

cresshead
07-17-2004, 03:42 PM
i'll try n put my sentences on a diet!

i've just been dipping into the videos so havn't seen them all yet..just looked at the lighting one with the sink and that was a cool video so was the texturing video with the head and the checker pattern u/v editing.

also the idea of using Fprime alongside some of the tutorials is really nice as you can see near instant feedback of lighting/surfacing changes in the video tutorials..

fprime is a real quality improver to many people's day to day lighting and rendering as you can see/try out ideas very quickly and get almost realtime rendering previews with raytracing and GI.

as usual i'd say that dan's inside [and powerguide] range of books are a pre requisite to owning lightwave if you want to have book with good quality printed material for modeling and rendering.

and loads lightwave books are really flying out this year from all corners!...i've ordered quite few this year and have the lighting and texturing books and am looking forward to the 1001 tips n tricks as well as the 2 books from jonny gorden....and if they are as heavy as dan's latest well..i'll need a new bookshelf made with re-enforced concrete!

i'd also add that if your a new user to lightwave you may want to also grab inside lightwave 7.0 as well as this new one as inside lightwave 7.0 has different content/tutorials and is still very relevent to lightwave 8.0 as well as lightwave 7.5....plus it's quite cheap on amazon.com right now.

Barred
07-17-2004, 03:42 PM
Dan I did like the wee add for FPrime in one of the vids.

If anyone does not have FPrime and has a look at Dans vids with the book start thinking of lightening the wallet :)

phil lawson
07-17-2004, 04:14 PM
Still waiting for mine from amazon.co.uk...they say it will be the end of the month. Oh well, can't wait! :D

Nice one Dan!

Barred
07-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Phil mine came from Amazon.co.uk, drop them a email asking why the delay as it has been out for nearly a month. I did and oh look they shipped it :)

phil lawson
07-18-2004, 03:28 AM
Cool! I'm on it now :) Thanks man.

cresshead
07-18-2004, 03:50 AM
got my copy from local bookshop, took 24 hrs to arrive.

steve g

u.k.

Paul_Boland
07-18-2004, 12:01 PM
Thanks Dan, appreciate the detailed chapter list. I'm hopping over to Amazon.com now to place my order for a copy.

I don't currently own a copy of Lightwave, any version! I have opened an account with our local Credit Union and am using it to save my money. Buying Lightwave 8 also means a computer upgrade for me so I have set myself the goal of saving €3,500 which will allow me to buy both a new PC and Lightwave 8. At the moment I have €400 saved but I'm putting money into it when I can and hope to reach my goal within a year or so (fingers crossed). In the mean time, I'm looking at books and buying the ones I have an interest in, to get an early start ;) .

dablan
07-18-2004, 03:10 PM
That's cool. One thing to remember is that as you learn this software, even creating logos - you can make money with it!

cresshead
07-19-2004, 02:06 PM
paul, whilst your saving up you really should get the demo version of lightwave as you can learn how to model and surface with the demo version andyou can save your models too...there are restrictions on the number of points per layer but you have unlimited layers so you can slice up a big model to save it...

it's great time to get into 3d...get dan's books and the demo version of lightwave..it's called the discovery edition...if you have trouble getting a hold of it i have sveral discovery discs left here [lightwave 7.5] and can post one out to you if need's be...i have a stack as i teach 3d [3dsmax, lightwave and combustion] at people'scollege nottinham u.k.

[email protected]

later!

steve g

Paul_Boland
07-20-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by cresshead
paul, whilst your saving up you really should get the demo version of lightwave as you can learn how to model and surface with the demo version andyou can save your models too...there are restrictions on the number of points per layer but you have unlimited layers so you can slice up a big model to save it...

it's great time to get into 3d...get dan's books and the demo version of lightwave..it's called the discovery edition...if you have trouble getting a hold of it i have sveral discovery discs left here [lightwave 7.5] and can post one out to you if need's be...i have a stack as i teach 3d [3dsmax, lightwave and combustion] at people'scollege nottinham u.k.

[email protected]

later!

steve g

Hi Steve.

Thanks for the offer of a Discovery Edition version of Lightwave, I really appreciate it. However, looking around the forum, I see it mentioned in other posts that the Discovery Edition comes on the Inside Lightwave 8 book DVD. If this is so, I'll have it when the book arrives (my order is already placed).

Thanks again.

dablan
07-20-2004, 03:59 PM
Hey Paul,
actually, it doesn't. We intended to include it - but NewTek wasn't ready with it at the time of printing, and, we didn't get to change the text!

Sorry....

cresshead
07-20-2004, 05:44 PM
the offer still stands...

send me an email and i'll post a disc out to you

[email protected]

steve g

Paul_Boland
07-21-2004, 01:07 PM
Thanks Dan for clearing that up.
Thanks Steve for the offer, I have sent you an email.

I have to say, some really great people on this forum :) .

hazmat777
07-22-2004, 02:27 AM
Special ordered mine from a local family owned bookstore one week ago. Got a call from them today, picking it up tomorrow! :D

hazmat777
07-22-2004, 02:48 AM
Paul B- You are absolutely correct, LW users are the best!

rsolis1
07-29-2004, 09:22 AM
Hi, maybe I missed the answer to this, but I canīt find any information on where to get the online videos from the book, like the morph mixer one or the human rigging vid.

I already looked for them at 3d garage and Mr. Ablan web site with no luck.

Thanks

dablan
07-29-2004, 09:33 AM
I was hoping that the 1000 pages and 5 hours of video already on the DVD would keep everyone busy for a while :)

I've been quite jammed at work lately and haven't had the time to upload those files yet. They should be online at 3D Garage.com within a week.

There is a full bone tools video already there in the downloads section.

rsolis1
07-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Dan, thanks for answering so fast!, No problem about the videos, It was just that a project came up and although i understand how endomorphs work I think I am not using them as efficiently as possible, no big deal.

Congratulations for your book, I think this is one of the best books on lightwave available, and yes you are right I should have been keept busy with the book, i just skipped a whole bunch of chapters :)

Thanks again!

dablan
07-29-2004, 01:35 PM
Thanks a lot!

Paul_Boland
08-04-2004, 01:26 PM
Dan, just wanted to say that I got my Inside Lightwave 8 book and it looks truly fantastic!! I have been watching the videos and reading some of the book and I can't wait till I can order Lightwave 8 and try all these out. Stephen was kind enough to send me a copy of the Lightwave 7.5 Discovery Edition, thanks Stephen, and I have been messing around with it. It's a very different package to Caligari's TrueSpace which is what I currently use. But it has some excellent tools to play with and I am slowly finding my way around it.

So I just want to say congratulations on a superb book.

dablan
08-04-2004, 01:32 PM
Thank you very much Paul!
I appreciate it!

Julie_Boland
08-04-2004, 05:58 PM
Hi Dan I'm Paul's sister. I just have to say what an awsome book!

I'm not kidding when I say my jaw dropped when I opened it and saw what was inside.

I've been messing around with his 7.5 demo and I don't have a clue. I've never seen so many buttons in my life! LOL!

I can't wait for him to get lightwave either so I can hijack the computer and start doing some of those great tutorials you've provided.

Also I love the picture on the cover!

And to know how to make it is a huge bonus.

dablan
08-04-2004, 06:40 PM
hhe... thanks!

It's like I said in an article somewhere - people WANT to do 3D. It's not a job the HAVE to. I've never met anyone who just considers it "going to work."

Sure, there are days you wish were over - but you still love to do 3D.

Welcome aboard!

lede
08-05-2004, 02:38 PM
Well I must admit that I wasn't going to get this book for a little longer, but heck it looks so good I just had to ordered it. I already have INLW6 and INLW7 so this should complament my library :D You have one impressive chapter list!

There have just been a lot of books that hit the market this summer and now finding time to read them all is going to be a struggle. This is a great year though. I remember in years past there wasn't that many book out there.

-Lee

dablan
08-05-2004, 03:01 PM
Thanks.
No, there wasn't any books.

My LightWave Power Guide was the first book to hit the mainstream - the publisher took a gamble with this title too, as it was for LightWave 5.0! As they said, once we did that, everyone would follow.

Now, if we can just get Barnes & Noble to ease up on their Maya and Photoshop books and include more LightWave books, we'd be all set! :)

lede
08-05-2004, 04:16 PM
Hey I remember that book :D I never got it since I was still on my old Amiga and learning Lightwave 3.5 or 4.0 I can't remember any more but the book look good at the time.

It is definatly great to see so much educational material published and I'm defiantly glad to see your next book. I also got your Digital Cinematography & Directing book a while back. That has opened my eyes to a new world while watching movies.

-Lee

dablan
08-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Cool - thanks. That was my first, after two years of writing magazine articles. I've done 8 books in all - and probably won't do another for a very long time.

Look at all the books you can, for all different type of software. Never can learn too much.

lede
08-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by dablan
Look at all the books you can, for all different type of software. Never can learn too much.

This is the best advice anyone can give. There is so much value in learning different perspectives. I would write more about that but I don't think any one would want to read me rant on about being resourceful.

-Lee

emoboy83
08-05-2004, 07:56 PM
just got my book after it took for ever to get it from amazon. or at least it seemed like it. cant wait to sink my teeth into it :)