PDA

View Full Version : LW8 Nodes not seeing config

Eric Pratt
07-08-2004, 08:57 PM
I just tried to set up my screamernet with lw8. The nodes locally on the machine are working fine, but all the other nodes are rendering .flx files (instead of .jpg). Try as I might these other nodes refuse to see the config files.
My Lightwave is installed on my F Drive, which is shared about the network as F on all nodes
My cmd line is:
F:\Lightwave8\Programs\LWSN.exe -2 -cF:\Lightwave8\Config\ -dF:\virtualSets\ F:\Lightwave8\Programs\job3 F:\Lightwave8\Programs\ack3
I've copied my .cfg files into the Config folder in F:\Lightwave8, I've checked them to make sure all the plugs are pointing to F:\Lightwave8\Plugins\...
I've changed lightwave to use this folder for it's configuration files.
Any thoughts?
TIA

aclease
07-12-2004, 06:30 AM
I was working on this earlier and noticed the same problem. I looked at the config file for my screamernet setup and it had double the \'s, so I edited out one set just to see what happened. After running a test one more time not only did my removal of the \'s remain gone but it deleted the other set itself.

I copied my config file over which points to the main lightwave folder on the other machine as well as all the plugins that the config file refers to (c:\LightWave\Plugins and c:\LightWave\legacy_plugins).

So currently my config file references the C drive of each machine and each machine has it's own plugin folder set within the lightwave directory on C. I updated the .bat file to reflect this change and now everything runs fine again.

Apparently when each instance of lightwave reads the LWEXT8.CFG file it attempts to remove a set of \'s, and it causes it many more problems, since the files they now refer to are jibberish.

I would say try this on your host and one other machine to see if it fixes your problems, then duplicate it to your other machines.

Edit: a few typos

Lightwolf
07-12-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Eric Pratt

F:\Lightwave8\Programs\LWSN.exe -2 -cF:\Lightwave8\Config\ -dF:\virtualSets\ F:\Lightwave8\Programs\job3 F:\Lightwave8\Programs\ack3
Should be:

F:\Lightwave8\Programs\LWSN.exe -2
-cF:\Lightwave8\Config
-dF:\virtualSets\
F:\Lightwave8\Programs\job3
F:\Lightwave8\Programs\ack3

Remove the trailing slash from -cF:\Lightwave8\Config, and you're off.

Cheers,
Mike

aclease: the double \\'s are fine, basically the first \ escapes the second so it actually gets read by LW.