PDA

View Full Version : still : dogfight

arai
03-28-2003, 08:41 PM
until I build a FW or me 109 , this is a training mission getting ready for the real thing

the cockpit is way to clean. I'm fixing that as you read this
http://www.members.shaw.ca/arai/cgtalk.jpg

arai

MarkJTaylor
03-28-2003, 09:21 PM
This is just fantastic. Brilliant work. I love every aspect of it. Normally I'd love to critique the work, however there is simply nothing wrong or out of place in this entire peice in my eye. Fantastic work!

hrgiger
03-28-2003, 09:53 PM
This is really good. I have to agree with Mark. I normally would also have a critique but I don't see anything that could be improved upon. Well, ok almost nothing. While the planes are beautiful, I don't think they quite match up with the ground. It might just be in my mind that I know that the planes are CG and I know the ground is a photo. Does anyone else think so? Maybe it's just a matter of changing the lighting color or maybe something else.
Aside from that, it's great. I'm saving this one in my archive.

cathuria
03-28-2003, 10:49 PM
mmm - gorgeous detail work -- makes me drool. Terrific job!

I agree that the foreground clashes a bit with the background -- the color saturation is different. Running it through one of the Virtual Darkroom filters might be a good fix.

cathuria
03-28-2003, 10:53 PM
And as long as it's such a terrific picture, I'm going to have to find a microscopic nit to pick:
Did they really paint invasion stripes on the inside of the flaps?:)

Psyhke
03-28-2003, 11:02 PM
Really nice!

But I do see something wrong. If it's a dogfight, why are they both the same planes? Friendly fire dogfight?

EDIT: oh, are you saying the picture is of a training mission? I see.

starbase1
03-30-2003, 11:23 AM
I always feel guilty criticising work better than I can do! And its a stunningly good image.

Maybe drop the reflectivity on the cockpit canopy a bit? It does seem rather too shiny to my eye.

Nick

anieves
03-30-2003, 04:44 PM
where do people get such cool aerial backgrounds from?

very nice.

DragonAngel
03-30-2003, 08:59 PM
I agree with starbase1, the cockpit window should defenetely be dirtied up, add some bump map, reflection map and some guck in the window from hitting so many bugs... and maybe birds... Ah sorry, I know its disgusting but it reminds me of the 3rd Indiana Jones...

Also were the exaust comes out, maybe add from oil marks...

And I do love it and I will also keep this one in my references pics... Great Work...

fxnut
04-01-2003, 01:27 PM
Wow, gorgeous, beautiful, atmospheric... jealous ;)

The surfacing is nicely detailed, and it's a really nice composition too. Kinda reminds me of those old WWII paintings you sometimes see down the British Legion clubs in the UK.

Andy

arai
04-01-2003, 03:29 PM
thanks guys. images are just in my reference directory that I've gotten off the net at one point or another

heres another one for ya

http://members.shaw.ca/arai/lwg3d.jpg

starbase1
04-01-2003, 04:21 PM
Ah, come on! Now you are just showing off!

PLEASE! A few tips on making things blend that well!

Nick

Match-Boy
04-01-2003, 11:51 PM
Absolutely incredible work. You can just hear the engines roar. Lets see the wire frames.

Matt

banshee
04-02-2003, 06:32 AM
Please tell me that you have labored over several weeks modeling and texturing this and your low hover : little bird , since they both were posted only days apart. If your posts are reflective of your work time, then I am never turning on my computer again ... well :rolleyes: until I get fed-up trying to achieve this quality and speed.

Epita
04-02-2003, 01:29 PM
well, the bg image on the second one does not look as real as the planes! ( i think its overdone it now LW is better than real life!)

Now, unless they are "Factory Fresh" they are not going to be as clean as that, put some oil around the air intake and smear bits of the glass, make them look like someones acctually laid a finger on them

Epita

ruud
04-05-2003, 03:30 PM
First of all... Cool image, real nice look you got there!

But, what I don't get is, why two planes of the same team engage each other in a dogfight... I think the second plane should be textured different. Or an other type of aircraft..

But ofcourse this is just a nitpick..

Keep it coming!

Ruutert