PDA

View Full Version : Maximize windows

art
07-08-2004, 07:35 AM
This is perhaps a minor annoyance, but it is still annoyance for me. When I open modeler or layout, the bottom part of the interface (with many buttons) is always hidden behind the windows toolbar (as shown on the attached screenshots). I have to maximize window each time I start either module. Is it possible to have modeler and layout to always start in maximized state or remember previous state?
I do not want to move the toolbar, I like it on the bottom and I do not want it to auto-hide. I need the windows toolbar on the bottom all the time, so auto-hide is not an option for me. Any insights? Does anyone else experience the same thing happening?

JamesCurtis
07-08-2004, 08:19 AM
Yes you can have LW and Modeler stay in Maximized state.

Do this:

Find the LW and/or Modeler program icons.
Click on them with the RT mouse button.
Click on Properties.
You should see a windoew pop up.
Select the Shortcut tab.
Where it says "Run:" choose Maximized.

You should be all set now!

art
07-08-2004, 08:23 AM
Thanks, that worked!

Anyway, it should open maximized (or in last state used) without any system "tricks"

I've never seen any other program do that.

WizCraker
07-08-2004, 05:42 PM
LW seems to be the only program that does it this way.

JamesCurtis
07-09-2004, 05:40 PM
Actually, the problem with the bar coming in front of an application is a peoblem in a lot of programs, especially when a new piece of software has ben installed. There is also a setting for the windows task bar which is supposed to prevent the bar from coming in front of a running application. The problem is that it is just a bit buggy, and seems to rest itself when a new program is installed.

Shloime
07-10-2004, 08:22 AM
Hi.

The problem continues. The settings in the desktop-icons work fine, but when I launch Modeler from Layout, it is still in the not-maximized version.
Are there any tags to the startcommand in the LWHUB8.cfg to make it possible there, too?