PDA

View Full Version : After Tiger arrives...

Johnny
07-07-2004, 11:50 AM
Based on what happened between Lightwave and Panther's first revision, is anyone thinking about what they might do when Tiger gets here, especially if they also use FCP, and if Tiger provides a boost to FCP, OR if there's a FCP upgrade which requires Panther?

I could envision either a dual-boot scenario (pain) or just sitting on the fence with respect to upgrades until all kinks are worked out.

thoughts?

J

Chazz
07-07-2004, 01:16 PM
Why worry about it now when Tiger is still almost a year away? Let the developers iron these things out...

ijustwantthepdf
07-09-2004, 09:12 AM
From what I understand developers have already gotten tools and documents for Tiger. Even though Tiger will go through a few revisions before it's done I think developers are better prepared for Tiger than they where for Panther.

Beamtracer
07-10-2004, 05:04 AM
It will be much sooner than a year when Tiger is released. Most exciting Mac OS release yet. It becomes clearer than ever that Apple is aiming this OS at the media and content creation market.

Johnny
07-10-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by ijustwantthepdf
From what I understand developers have already gotten tools and documents for Tiger. Even though Tiger will go through a few revisions before it's done I think developers are better prepared for Tiger than they where for Panther.

yeah, that's true..I just watched the QT movie of the recent conference...Steve Jobs almost seemed to go out of his way to tell the developers "we're giving you this SDK NOW so that you can work on your apps."

maybe it was a subtle way of saying, 'let's have no missteps as we did with Panther'?

J

archiea
07-11-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Johnny
yeah, that's true..I just watched the QT movie of the recent conference...Steve Jobs almost seemed to go out of his way to tell the developers "we're giving you this SDK NOW so that you can work on your apps."

maybe it was a subtle way of saying, 'let's have no missteps as we did with Panther'?

J

Well, I hope NT is one of those developers... No more .x releases that blatantly show that no beta testing was done on a mac....

Ge4-ce
07-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Maybe around that time, it's time for LW 8.5? or a 8.0b or c? and they maybe could put some of that
coreimage, or corevideo in LW??

I don't know if it helped on 3D as well, but it would be nice if they could push the renderer also through the GPU like now done with that nvidia thing.. what's it called.. "Gelato"..

And if Newtek doesn't.. Maybe worley does in his next revision of FPRime..

That would be cool..