PDA

View Full Version : Gettin paid

twister47
07-07-2004, 07:20 AM
What is the general rate for work in this field these days? What are you freelancers charging? I'm working on a two minute title sequence (intro to a video) for a guy and to tell ya the truth I really have no idea what is reasonable to charge.

ted
07-07-2004, 10:54 AM
You're going to find a broad range of responses.
We are $225.00 per hour for shoot and post. That includes an editor and a GFX guy or $175.00 per hr. for edit and $50.00 for GFX.
Shoot includes camera, all equipment, shooter and lighting guy, or $175 for single shooter and $50.00 for lighting guy. Then we usually add $25.00 for an extra grip or two.

Prices vary greatly due to location, type of equipment you use and level of professionalism.
One thing I recommend, DON'T fill your calendar with overly competitive cheap rates. I'd rather work less, make better productions, make more money and continue buying new and better equipment to serve my wonderful clients.

Also do a search here for “Rates”. This has been covered countless times and there is some good information in those threads.

robk
07-08-2004, 02:32 PM
I usually base my charges on $75 Canadian/hour (about $50 us) but I generally only do hi-res Architectural stills. When I quote for animations I just kind of wing it. My animations for Architectural purposes tend to be fairly simple walkthrough types with only the camera position being animated.