PDA

View Full Version : Premiere Pro 1.5 pleeaaase!

RobertRhino
07-06-2004, 09:42 PM
I read somewhere Bob Tasa said that only a few people bought his Premiere 6 plugin, I was one of those few. Premiere Pro 1.5 kicks *** so does TED, I want both! Adobe has way too much going for it with the Photoshop/Illustrator/After Effects/Premiere Pro integration to be ignored being able to use Premiere Pro with toaster hardware would for me be a dream come true. I am saving up to get a Matrox RTX 100 Xtreme hardware card, it would be great to use my toaster hardware instead. The way Adobe ties everything in with Encore is beautiful not to mention Audition. This holiday I just bought my Toaster 3 upgrade from http://www.vtknowledge.com they have the best price online. The savings allowed me to also buy the new Class On Demand VT3 Edit instructional DVD hosted by Phillip Nelson. I am upgrading from VT1 so you bet I am pretty rootin tootin peeing in my pants excited.
Thanks
RobertRhino

MediaSig
07-07-2004, 02:25 PM
I can't wait for this either.

Hey Bob, any new info?

Thanks,
Greg

eon5
06-06-2005, 05:58 AM
I need to use PremierePro 1.5 with VT4.5

any new info?

Jay Kelley
07-25-2005, 12:36 PM
I think it's clear that in regards to the Premiere Pro request we have been shut down. Not ignored, they heard us.. They have just responded with:

We're not doing a plug in for Preimere Pro so just sit down and shut up.

I am still on VT3 and Lightwave 7. This is where I will stay until a plugin for Premiere comes down the pipe. I am looking for hardware to replace VT but it's tough to find.

We have all been asking for this for YEARS now and they continue to say no. Some even try to convince me that VTedit is good enough to tackle Premiere...Please. I use VTEdit a LOT, and it's fine for certain things, but not for others.

So I'm just going to keep asking.

NEWTEK PLEASE GIVE US PREMIERE PRO SUPPORT IN VT. I WILL BUY A NEW SYSTEM THE VERY SECOND YOU DO IT!!

Jay Kelley

For those of you waiting for Bob T. to build one , I would suggest you stop waiting.. He's off that project I think.

ScorpioProd
07-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Thing is, what would be the benefit from Newtek's point of view?

Jay Kelley
07-25-2005, 03:35 PM
There are two things required in order to edit:

The hardware to capture
The software to edit.

Newtek provides the best in terms of hardware, real-time everything. And they provide many advantages as a hardware product that other capture cards do not (Live switching, CG, can take many different feed, etc.)

HOWEVER,

Anyone that is serious about production will look at BOTH sides of the equation, capturing, editing, and manipulation of the footage.

Newtek already knows this as they have gone to the trouble to support things like After Effects and DFX. The logic that caused them to write these plugins applies even more so in terms of editing since editing is a more common practice. I personally purchased my VT BECAUSE it came with DFX and a plugin. We like it when cool hardware works with cool software.

"Newtek has a editor, a good one" you might say. I would agree to a point, but the editor is not designed for high-end post of large projects. (I.E. exporting of sound files off of tracks, compatibility with different plugins, better file organization, intergration with sound sweetening programs, etc).

I know of 4 Newtek users that are in the same boat as I. We LOVE VT, but it has become a jail because we cannot edit outside of VTEdit and if we get the projects we fight for we will panic for we have nothing to edit them on.

Finally, Many of Newtek's customers have asked for this. My Newtek Rep tells me they pride themselves on customer service. By granting this request they not only insure the loyality of a number of current users but they become relevant to hundreds of NEW users that do not consider VT's many features because it does not support a major editing package. Like it or not Premiere is here to stay, and it intends to pass Final Cut as it has the millions of dollars nessesary to keep it on the cutting edge. Newtek's speed and rock solid performance plus Premiere's popularity will certainly increase sales, and hold those users like myself who need to grow, but do not wish to leave.

Ok one more thing (You may think this stupid, but as a customer it means something to me) When we see our company doing something that may not benefit them in wonderful ways, but we know it benefits us, in other words. When we see them put our needs before their own, even in something this small... Well, it says a lot. I know of two that have done this and I have never left them.

I hope this answers your question.

Jay A. Kelley

PS there is one more arguement I wish to counter: "Bob sold the plugin and said not many people bought it"

With all respect to Bob, he did a lousey job of marketing that feature (What do you expect? He's a programmer!). Newtek could not talk much about it since they did not own it. I have no doubt that if Newtek jumps behind the plugin and MAKES Preimere users aware that they now have a new choice for capture cards, the fireworks will really start.

ScorpioProd
07-25-2005, 05:48 PM
Thanks for your explaination, and I do agree, it would be nice if VT[4] was a more open system, including supporting other software NLEs via the hardware, but... Thing is, I still don't feel that Newtek sees any benefit for them in allowing competition with their own NLE software. And I do disagree on some of the below, as noted...

There are two things required in order to edit:

The hardware to capture
The software to edit.

Newtek provides the best in terms of hardware, real-time everything. And they provide many advantages as a hardware product that other capture cards do not (Live switching, CG, can take many different feed, etc.)

I love Newtek, really, I do... But I think you're giving more credit to the hardware than it is due. The hardware honestly has NOTHING to do with the VT's real-time abilities, that is all in the software. The hardware is purely doing A/D and D/A work and that's it. The whole concept of VT[4] is that it does everything in software. This is why a number of us have begged for VT-Edit to be freed from the hardware, I for one have no need of the hardware at all. Everything I do goes in and out via firewire.

HOWEVER,

Anyone that is serious about production will look at BOTH sides of the equation, capturing, editing, and manipulation of the footage.

Newtek already knows this as they have gone to the trouble to support things like After Effects and DFX. The logic that caused them to write these plugins applies even more so in terms of editing since editing is a more common practice. I personally purchased my VT BECAUSE it came with DFX and a plugin. We like it when cool hardware works with cool software.

"Newtek has a editor, a good one" you might say. I would agree to a point, but the editor is not designed for high-end post of large projects. (I.E. exporting of sound files off of tracks, compatibility with different plugins, better file organization, intergration with sound sweetening programs, etc).

I agree. The omission of any VST or DirectX plug-in abilities shows the closed nature of the VT for such things.

I know of 4 Newtek users that are in the same boat as I. We LOVE VT, but it has become a jail because we cannot edit outside of VTEdit and if we get the projects we fight for we will panic for we have nothing to edit them on.

Finally, Many of Newtek's customers have asked for this. My Newtek Rep tells me they pride themselves on customer service. By granting this request they not only insure the loyality of a number of current users but they become relevant to hundreds of NEW users that do not consider VT's many features because it does not support a major editing package. Like it or not Premiere is here to stay, and it intends to pass Final Cut as it has the millions of dollars nessesary to keep it on the cutting edge. Newtek's speed and rock solid performance plus Premiere's popularity will certainly increase sales, and hold those users like myself who need to grow, but do not wish to leave.

Problem is when you use a different NLE software, you won't necessarily get the same performance, since again, it's all software. So if you're just looking for an analog I/O card, there are many other options out there that work perfectly with Premiere Pro. I really don't see what using the VT[4]'s hardware specifically would give you, UNLESS there was a lot more Newtek software going on than just a plug-in to let Premiere Pro work with it, and this would require a lot of work on Newtek's part, just look how we don't have ASIO drivers for the VT's audio, which are a basic requirement for Premirere Pro to use it.

eon5
09-10-2005, 09:14 AM
I need to use PremierePro 1.5 with VT4.5

any new info?

any news please ?

robewil
09-10-2005, 11:39 AM
I'm going out on a limb here but my impression from earlier posts by Bob Tasa is that he got stuck and frustrated on the Premiere-VT project and went on to other projects, namely his Oasis (Titling effects for Mirage) plug-in.

ccvnct
09-24-2005, 02:05 AM
Come on! All of you should know that making a plugin for VT to work with premiere pro is :help: I think NO one at newtek would be able to create the plun-in. They do know that if they make the plun-in, they will make a lot of $$$, but how? Well, if they don't know how to make it, why are you still begging? :lol: I believe if they do know, they should have built the plug-in already. :hammer:

sbrandt
09-25-2005, 07:14 PM
You didn't use enough infantile animated gifs.

JReble
09-26-2005, 02:21 PM
Let me go out on a limb and hypothesize that Premiere Pro compatability with VT4 is a dead issue. I'll go further and note that since Premiere 6.5 will no longer work with VT4 and above, it is also effectively the death of any realtime hooks between Premiere and VT. It's a shame from my perspective that I couldn't maintain support for the numerous 3rd party FX filters I've got for Premiere 6.5. Since Premiere Pro didn't have much in the way of 3rd party plugins, or at least I had none, I never cared too much about that. I'll edit in VT4.5 anyday over that. I've just given up on the issue. Still would be really nice to have a better resource for 3rd party plugins, or even better, licensed VT plugin support or hooks for things like film FX, final effects, partical illusion, etc. But alas, I'll keep dreaming.

eon5
01-15-2006, 09:32 AM
VT4.5 - Premiere 1.5 plugin...

any news ?

Jay Kelley
01-15-2006, 09:41 AM
I have given up. For now I am just holding my breath and waiting to see if something interesting turns up..

Bottom line: It's not going to happen..

Final Cut is the way I am going to go

Jay

ted
01-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Bob Tasa, did you find enough support for PP plugins?
The fact that Bob is so talented and most everyone knows what he does indicates if he's selling it, anyone who needs it would have bought it.

ScorpioProd
01-15-2006, 08:41 PM
I have given up. For now I am just holding my breath and waiting to see if something interesting turns up..

Bottom line: It's not going to happen..

Final Cut is the way I am going to go

Jay

Have fun with FCP, but if you don't have the hardware yet, you might want to wait till the Mactel version of the hardware and software is out.

SCS
01-16-2006, 05:23 AM
For me, VT does more than I need - however, I work with many other houses and could use the ability to translate between other NLE project files like Automatic Duck's.

http://www.automaticduck.com

Jay Kelley
03-24-2006, 05:28 PM
What is the "Mactel" version mean?
Jay

robewil
03-24-2006, 05:43 PM
What is the "Mactel" version mean?
JayThat would be Apple's new computer line that features an Intel processor. For software to run cleanly on these machines, they have to be re-compiled for the Intel processor, thus the name "Mactel" version.