PDA

View Full Version : Virtual PC in reverse?!?

DISCOMUNICATION
07-06-2004, 06:15 PM
What do you make of this:

www.pearpc.net

Can't wrap my mind around it.... Why you do this now that the G5 is here? For all those people who say they love everything about the Mac, but complain that the hardware is too expensive? To allow PC users a taste... a chance to tinker... because they can? Emulation though... could you run any appz on this. Do any of you run any graphics appz on Virtual PC? Hahaha! Sorry, of course you don't.:)

jasonwestmas
07-07-2004, 10:54 PM
I'd be really shocked if there was any 3D support with this kind of a thing. VPC for Mac certainly doesn't.

Rey
07-08-2004, 09:19 PM
It's a bad idea. PC users are going to run this thing and come away with the impression that OS X is sluggish and unstable. That's how I feel when I use XP under Virtual PC.

Jimzip
07-09-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Rey
It's a bad idea. PC users are going to run this thing and come away with the impression that OS X is sluggish and unstable. That's how I feel when I use XP under Virtual PC.

That's not because you're running it under Virtual PC..

:D Just kidding! :D

Jimzip :D

stib
07-09-2004, 07:54 AM
For some reason I really want to download this, even though I don't have access to a PC. I wonder if it works on virtual PC?

ray_tracer
07-10-2004, 02:10 AM
That reminds me -

Good for nothing at all, of course, but I remember one time when......just for kicks.....I installed Basilisk on my VirtualPC. Took a screenshot to send to a friend - an OS 6-something desktop in a Windows 98 window on my OS 8.1 desktop. Hmmm, I wonder if I still have that pic around here somewhere..........?

stib
07-10-2004, 02:31 AM
I saw on their website a pic of someone running linux on a bochs x86 emulation on mac OS X on pearpc on windows.. some people have too much time on their hands, I guess.