PDA

View Full Version : What about Newtek?

laci
07-05-2004, 08:54 AM
The lead programers (founders) had left the firm, why?
Brad Peebler has left too, doing his new program Modo, why?
Aura has been sold, why?

Newtek, please give me some informations, I cannot sleep at calm while I can't reiceve answers.
Is there any chance to be Lightwave 9 or 10?

Exper
07-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Discussed many many times...
make a search in the forum! ;)

Andrew Sweet
07-05-2004, 09:03 AM
Man you need to Chill!!! lol

laci
07-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Sorry, but I could't find it.
Help me please.

cresshead
07-05-2004, 09:20 AM
newtek is alive and very well....just released lightwave 8.0 for general consumption...the developers for lightwave did a great job.

aura is now mirage...so no problemo there!..go get that!...just changed it's name and had a new release too!

as for brad etc...etc good luck to them on thier other endevours..

nothing stays the same..it called evolution...going forward...new lightwave here, new jobs/firms for others who used to be at newtek...new programmers and developers at newtek....

all shiny new!

new new new!

have a horlicks and hit the hay.

steve g:D

Exper
07-05-2004, 09:30 AM
Laszlo...
make a search using "luxology" word...
then spend your next 3/4 months... in reading! ;)

TheDevil
07-05-2004, 09:42 AM
They sold their souls to someone who offered then fame and fortune. Who could that be I wonder?

The end is nice (cough) nigh!!!

cresshead
07-05-2004, 09:49 AM
re: lead programmers leaving..

this happens all the time..for example the yost group and 3dsmax..they left at around version 3 of 3ds max...it's still going strong and about to be 3ds max 7...

combustion laid off "all" the programmers after version 2....version 3 was released with a new programming team.

i think is quite usual to move on to new projects so keeping a fresh perspective and also usual for "new blood" to come into an existing product to give it a fresh direction and keep that moving forward as well...

"nothing to see here...move along" [starwars]

mattclary
07-06-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by laci
The lead programers (founders) had left the firm, why?
Brad Peebler has left too, doing his new program Modo, why?
Aura has been sold, why?

Newtek, please give me some informations, I cannot sleep at calm while I can't reiceve answers.
Is there any chance to be Lightwave 9 or 10?

What brougt this up all of a sudden? Why can you suddenly not sleep?

I see Newtek bustling with activity, you go to luxology's web site and it has cob-webs on it. I'm starting to seriously doubt modo or any other product there will see the light of day. They may be holding out for Siggraph, but I wonder how they've been paying the light-bill for the last couple of years...

Chuck
07-06-2004, 08:17 AM
Tim Jenison is the founder and sole owner of NewTek, and has not left. Staff changes in development teams do happen from time to time but product development always continues. The changes you are discussing are now long past, and NewTek has just released LightWave [8] and is now at work on the first maintenance update.

This issue has been discussed throughly and completely, repeatedly, and per our Moderation Notice at the top of the forum does not need additional discussion. This thread will be closed.