PDA

View Full Version : Nurnies...

nlightuk
07-05-2004, 01:48 AM
...those lovely little "bits" all over spaceships in the good ole days of the empire ;)

Anyway - I distinctly remember having a plugin/LScript on my Amiga which generated these in a (semi" defined manner.

I seem to remember axis controls, width, joint type etc - a bit like the OGL Pipes screen saver that ships with Windoze...

Flay has no refs to such a script or plugin in its database, and I could really use such a tool right now. Does anyone have a copy archived off somewhere? I am sure I do, but both my Amigas are dead (sobs uncontrollably) and I can't access any of my old archived Miggy datadisks...

Not being LScript-inclined, I wouldn't know where to start in creating such a script myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it were just a confirmation that I am clutching at straws (or at least clutching at nurnies!)

Regards

Adam

WizCraker
07-05-2004, 06:49 PM
Why not just create youself? Its easy just make some boxes then a couple discs lay them out so it looks interesting. Not to cluttered and not to strange [unless that is what you are going for] then extrude them a bit and put in background layer. Your hull of the ship in forground that you want the Nurnies then Stencil using I believe the Drill Tool. Then Smooth Shift then bevel or use Super Shift.

nlightuk
07-06-2004, 04:50 AM
Modelling them from scratch is not inherently a problem - I don't need them for a spaceship though...

I was hoping to use it to generate generalised pipe structures for visualisations of an Oil Refinery. I have photos of the pipework, and have bodged a rough approximation together but creating the smaller, finer details is a pain.

I remebered the Nurnie script (I think Ron Thornton wrote it, actually) from way back, and thought it would be ideal for the purpose.

Thanks for the feedback Wiz - I guess I shall haveta struggle on "manually" ;)

Regards

Adam

JamesCurtis
07-07-2004, 01:23 PM
Yeah that script/plugin was neat!! If you have earlier versions of the PC LW software around, the plugin may be among them. Not sure if it'd work with LW 7 or 8 though