PDA

View Full Version : What Program?!?!

si_kick
07-04-2004, 11:47 PM
Hey i was wondering if anyone new of a good program which you can take a series of indivual frames and add them so u can make a smooth flowing moive. I was thinking i could use flash but im not sure what would be best. I'd love to hear any suggestions!!
Si

riki
07-05-2004, 03:36 AM
Quicktime Pro is good.

gazmon
07-05-2004, 03:58 AM
yep quicktime pro is a good choice and cheap. I use final cut express on the mac aswell.

Shloime
07-05-2004, 07:19 AM
Hi.

You could use LW. Put the frames as a frame sequence in the backdrop, and render an animation, be it avi or QT or whatever is available. You can even use imagefilters on that.
Or did I understand something the wrong way?

Exper
07-05-2004, 10:30 AM
VitualDub for bmp or tga sequences.

KeenanCrane
07-05-2004, 11:41 AM
I use ppmtompeg on Linux...

si_kick
07-06-2004, 02:53 AM
Hey thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up using VirtualDub, its free and a small download file so yeah cheers Exper

omeone
07-06-2004, 05:28 AM
I use RAD game tools a lot. http://www.radgametools.com/default.htm
does the normal sequence to movie stuff very fast, and has some seriously cool packaging and distribution options when using their own CoDec. Which plays brilliantly (lossless) on any system and OS without the need for codec downloads or installs.
free too.

Mipmap
07-06-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by omeone
I use RAD game tools a lot. http://www.radgametools.com/default.htm
does the normal sequence to movie stuff very fast, and has some seriously cool packaging and distribution options when using their own CoDec. Which plays brilliantly (lossless) on any system and OS without the need for codec downloads or installs.
free too.

Lossless? I gave those a try myself and I liked it. Being able to preview the part that has been encoded so far to check quality is nice too. However I wasn't able to get lossless quality or anything near that. Maybe there is some important setting I missed?

omeone
07-06-2004, 07:11 AM
sorry, yeah I dont know where I got that from, that would be a bit mad :o :D

'better than DVD' for video and 'perceptually lossless' for sound is what it says on their site.