PDA

View Full Version : Forest w/ Head

Abigor
03-28-2003, 12:00 PM
hey all... heres a piece i just finished. not much to say bout it. kinda inspired by the lord of the rings movies, what with all the ancient broken down stone work and such. so ya, comments welcome.

Zombat
03-28-2003, 01:16 PM
Wow. That's really good. I really really like the hazy, dreamy effect the bright light has created. I'd like to see the head more simplified or stylized - an easter island effect, perhaps

Bionic Antboy
03-28-2003, 01:47 PM
I agree. Very cool, but I'd like to see the head statue be more "totemic" as well. Maybe the picture just a little less "blown out", and more saturated...of course, it looks great as is, the comments are just my personal taste. :)

Abigor
03-28-2003, 03:00 PM
hey guys...glad u like it. the whole scene was actauly constructed outa things i had modelled in the past. it was just kinda to c if i could make somethin outa nothing. so the head was off a previous head model. but i know wat u mean bout the 'easter island' thing. i did simplify it a bit, but i guess that didnt come threw enough. oh well. i had some issues with sas and the volumetric light, so if things kinda look a tad askew, it was cause the image had to b rendered in 3 passes and assembled in PS.