PDA

View Full Version : Thomas4d Rigging Tools V2 W.I.P movie

t4d
07-03-2004, 09:36 AM
Thomas4d beta movie Qtime 1.8 megs (http://www.thomas4d.com/BetaMovie_001.mov)

getting near the end of version 2
I got stop starring facial rig in there now there will be another version of the Stop starring rig in the final version as well as the one that's shown

Version 2 will have
4 facial riggers all up (boned, toon and 2 stop starring inspired riggers )
2 quad riggers ( bone control, object controls )
3 body rigger ( bone controls , object controls & CG Human Rigger )

plus some cool new animation tools:cool:

the main idea behide the next version is to rig Real human characters check out the movie and tell me what you think.

the body and arms are one weight map with afew bones setup by the plugin for good shoulder, elbow, hip and knee joints deformation
all done by bones using very simple weight maps
( rigs will be quicker and easier to make then version 1.7 )

price will stay as it is untill the Version 2 is released ;) ( v1.7 users get the upgrade free )

d1wojo
07-03-2004, 04:42 PM
could you please give us a diferent example, if you are looking to mimic real people maybe have a character saying and doing something. With that that movment was nice and I didn't see anything wierd except for in the eyebrow region when they go back it looks like the whole head goes back to where the ears are, or it could be because of the straight on shot.

Just looked at it again and I think it is the straight on shot.

lesterfoster
07-03-2004, 08:11 PM
As well I would like to see a better demo video. One that is longer in time and off to the side. And would this work with something MIMIC PRO for LightWAVE by DAZ?:confused:

t4d
07-03-2004, 10:01 PM
i will be releasing more videos as i do them :D

the facial rigger works from joystick so I don't think it will work with mimic Pro sorry :(

but your doing lip sync you need to buy Stop Starring by Jason Osipa he's got new take on doing lipsync that truly excellent :cool:

lesterfoster
07-03-2004, 10:25 PM
It would be nice if you could make your face plug-in work with dot tracking of some kind. you know. Video tape my subject with dots on his or her face. and have your face plug-in track those dots and use it to control the face rig.

t4d
07-03-2004, 10:30 PM
I do have bones in the facial rig as well
I personally setup up both, uses the joystick/endomorphs for the main animation and fine tune with the bones in the face

but tracking dots for converting footage into animation data
now that would be good but if i had that i'don't think i will be sell that for $45 ;)

lesterfoster
07-03-2004, 10:37 PM
thank for your quick response t4d. I think that it may be possible to do this. I am going to half to spend some time and right something on this that I have been thinking of for some time. This is something that I am going to half to get back to you later. I think you may fined it interesting. And I think that this is something that you could do. and charge more than $45 for it.

I know I would pay more than $45 for it

d1wojo
07-03-2004, 10:58 PM
I just bouht it and can hardly wait to use it. Keep on developing it is a huge plus for the community...