PDA

View Full Version : errors in new Lightwave manual

Silkrooster
07-01-2004, 05:41 PM
Hey NewTek,
Is it too late to do some corrections. I found some pictures in the wrong location. Either someone doesn't know their left from their right, or they overlooked the location of the pictures.
Most of the errors are where you are comparing effects.

John Fornasar
07-01-2004, 09:53 PM
They didn't lock the file, you can move them yourself.

Also, adding notes and tips for tools, etc. that aren't used as often will really help.

Silkrooster
07-01-2004, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't even know that you could do that with a pdf. I guess it is not too late to learn.:)
By the way would you know of a way to save a bookmark so I can start back up where I left off?

John Fornasar
07-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Whoops, should have said, I have it open in the full version of Acrobat. I don't think you can do that in the free Acrobat reader.

Same thing with bookmarks, you can only add "personal" bookmarks in the full version.

Silkrooster
07-02-2004, 01:11 AM
After my last post, I started thinking about whether or not you meant full version of acrobat. Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't see a way to do that in the reader version.
Well looks like personal bookmarks should go onto the wishlist for acrobat reader. Especially if Adobe wishes to compete in the e-book market.
The more I think about it the more I would like the full version. I guess that program will just have to go on my wishlist.:D

John Fornasar
07-02-2004, 02:32 PM
The more I think about it the more I would like the full version. I guess that program will just have to go on my wishlist.

I only have it to promote training and technical manuals to my companys Intranet. It's not worth the money just to get bookmarks. The bookmarks in the LW manual will drill down to the sub-headings.

Remember that you can use the Text Select and Graphics Select tools in Acrobat Reader and paste them into Word. Also, no reason to print the entire manual. I printed a few sections today on some stuff I'm not to sharp on (Dynamics, etc.) and stuffed them in my pocket - easy reading for some down-time.

Silkrooster
07-02-2004, 08:21 PM
I have some other reasons for purchasing Acrobat, mainly because it comes with the package deal Adobe offers. I have heard of a lot of pros and cons. But in the end Acrobat makes it easier to create pdf's then the way I am doing them now. Besides some of the new features I like.
Currently I have no plans on printing the manual. Since I only have a inkjet at the moment. I couldn't imagine how much ink that would use.
So it boils down to price of printed manual vs. Laser printer. Price on printers are coming down, so the difference is getting very narrow. However the printer can be used long after the manual is printed. What I would really like is a color laser printer. But I haven't seen anything on cost per page yet.