PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Ford Mustang

cholo
07-01-2004, 02:37 PM
Not my model, bought it from 3D02.com for a project. Had to do some corrections to it as always and texturing and setup are mine of course. As soon as I finish some minor details pending I'll be placing it in a realistic environment :)

cholo
07-01-2004, 06:37 PM
Rear view, some changes made.

MrKnight
07-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Very, very NICE........

...oh yea, so is the render. The only thing is that the tires should be more on the floor.

Holger
07-02-2004, 09:42 AM
Good work. But I think it really needs some (more) fresnel effect. And the rims are too grayish. See the rims in the "Spyder.lws" scene in the LW8 Content.

Good luck with the rest of the work. :)

cholo
07-02-2004, 01:10 PM
Here's a render I did with a global reflection map to cross check my surfaces. It's retouched a bit with curves and USM in photoshop. It was rendered with a bit of DOF also. :)

cholo
07-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Update. I'll be rendering this version over the weekend at HD res.
The other environment is still pending but it'll take longer than expected...

pdrake
07-02-2004, 11:52 PM
i'm totally blown away by your work. this time i have one thing to say. the last render looks too plastic. i'm sure the car is all fiberglass, but i think it looked a little better in the previous render.

btw, that's the car i'm saving for right now. first time in awhile that the mustang has looked good.

except for the plasticness of it.:p

emoboy83
07-03-2004, 08:08 AM
wow cholo, another great example of lighting (although i wouldnt expect anything else).
I suppose all the theories of lighting here are relatively the same as you used for you crossfire a while ago. Any great work.
Oh and will you be actually photographing this car later or not cause i like to see the same type of stuff as the crysler.

Lewis
07-04-2004, 01:24 PM
Hi cholo !

As already stated this is another great work, just few more tweaks and you are "there" :)

I wonder is model subDs or freezed polys ? looks like polys to me ?

BTW i'd turn down specular on tyres 'coz right now front tyre (on last render) seems to have too much specularity on TOP where is clearly under front fender which are very wide and large on GT so i don't see how it could shine so much ? Also i'd resize tyres just a bit. Right now rear tyres look too wide for me like they are 325/35 R20 :).

great work !

cholo
07-05-2004, 07:36 PM
Hello, back with another picture. Thanx for all the responses... Regarding the questions posted, I will not be photographing this one for a while at least, if ever. This project is more of a proposal for a presentation at the product launch. The model is polygonal triangles (ouch), because it is not mine and I bought it in 3ds format and had to import and correct all the conversion glitches. The rear tire is lots wider in the model than the front one and I have not corroborated this with real data, but I'll do so before doing the final render. Last but not least, here's a picture of the car in a more realistic environment. It's far from finished, and saslite is giving me some severe headaches, but so far it's starting to look good me thinks :) As always, comments are more than welcome.

Holger
07-06-2004, 06:01 AM
Nice, very nice. It looks very real. Good job with the scene!

How much did the model cost?

Lewis
07-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Very nice scene cholo. I like road texture. Is that Maped or procedurals, and is that Skytracer sky or photo ?

I'd just set headlights little more darker in this version or front grille more brighter to match headlights lighting.

cheers

TSpyrison
07-06-2004, 04:55 PM
Yea.. Tell us more about the road texture please :D

cholo
07-06-2004, 09:15 PM
I'll try to tell more about textures as soon as I finish because I'm figuring them out myself still :) Here's another render with DOF and some color correction in Adobe After Effects :)

TSpyrison
07-08-2004, 08:39 AM
I love the look of that car..
I was planning on trading my 97 convertable for the convertable version of this car.. Till I finally realized in need a vehicle that I can get in and not have to lay the seat back as far as it will go for me to fit in it.. (being 6'5" and all.. )

cholo
07-12-2004, 11:41 AM
A little clip of the model in motion. :)

http://www.prodigyweb.net.mx/lanzarote/mustang.mpg