PDA

View Full Version : Free Model: Angelina Jolie...just her head I'm afraid....

hrgiger
07-01-2004, 01:21 PM
Well, as promised, here is the link where you can download the file:

http://giger3d.com/Model%20Directory.htm

I added her eyelashes but you might want to add a few more. Let me know what you think of the model.

Steve

bloontz
07-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Hey that's cool, thanks! She came out very well, good likeness.

rabid pitbull
07-01-2004, 02:35 PM
Where is her vile of blood, oh wait she got divorced...:eek: Nice looking model, but what a freak she is!

:eek:

hrgiger
07-01-2004, 02:39 PM
It's all shock value. I certainly wouldn't kick her out of bed for that or for eating crackers.

Kuzey
07-01-2004, 06:47 PM
Many thanks!!

Kuzey

mattclary
07-02-2004, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by hrgiger
It's all shock value. I certainly wouldn't kick her out of bed for that or for eating crackers.

Dude, are you kidding!? There is SOOOOOO much more room on the floor! ;)

scottn
07-02-2004, 06:45 AM
Angelina Jolie - nice cans!

MiniFireDragon
07-02-2004, 06:54 AM
The lack of hair in the images above takes one back to her "Hackers" movie. :) (yes she did have some hair, but it was short)

scottn
07-02-2004, 07:05 AM
Here is a render of the full body model.

I used the new "make huge breasts" tool in LW8

TSpyrison
07-02-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by mattclary
Dude, are you kidding!? There is SOOOOOO much more room on the floor! ;)

Now that was funny..

now to clean up the pepsi I spit all over the comuter when I read that...

hrgiger
07-02-2004, 01:06 PM
I updated the file on the website because it had an fprime shader associated with it and for those of you without fprime, you'll get an error message when you load it.

hybrid2829
07-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Haha big breast tool, i get jokes.

Carm3D
07-07-2004, 02:44 AM
It's a really good likeness from the front view. Only issue I see there is the nose could use more detail.

From other views, it's not so good. Judging from the placement of her ears (too high) and the shape of her profile (esp. her forehead), you must have used a side-view image where Angelina had her head tilted downward.

MiniFireDragon
07-07-2004, 06:38 AM
Mention the ears, here is an art tip:

The bottom of the ear (where it joins the face) is on the same "line" as the base of the nose. The top of the ear (where it joins the face) is on the same line as the outside corner of the eye.

Look in the mirror and u probably will see what I am saying, it is the same on all normal anatomy.

hrgiger
07-07-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Carm3D
Judging from the placement of her ears (too high) and the shape of her profile (esp. her forehead), you must have used a side-view image where Angelina had her head tilted downward.

Yes, you're right. Her head is tilting forward in the photo I used. You can tilt it back if you think it's that big of deal...

MiniFireDragon, the ears are properly placed, the head is just tilting forward.....Here is the reference photo....

X PsychoTron X
07-08-2004, 02:37 AM
Looks like Christopher Judge (Teal'c from stargate) and Angelina Jolie's love child. :p

Carm3D
07-08-2004, 02:50 AM
Wow that's cold.. :) But it's true.

hrgiger
07-08-2004, 03:26 AM
Well, considering the model is currently bald and then the addition of Carm's waxy skin texture, I would have to agree with you.

Carm3D
07-08-2004, 03:39 AM
It's not as fun on the recieving end, isn't it.

hrgiger
07-08-2004, 03:45 AM
I think you mean, it's not as fun on the receiving end, IS it?
And I don't mind criticism at all. Fire away.

Are you bitter or something Carm? Are you upset with me because I thought your muscular asian woman looked middle aged? It wasn't meant to be an insult, I was just making a critique. But I've noticed that's not something you respond to very well sometimes.

Carm3D
07-08-2004, 03:49 AM
Bitter? Oh, a tad. :)

I prefer constructive criticism. Negative criticism only creates bad feelings and defensiveness. I already said everything I had to say about your model. Good likenss in the front. But the side has problems.

hrgiger
07-08-2004, 03:51 AM
Well, saying your model looked middle aged wasn't meant to be negative, I just wondered if that's the look you were going for because that's how she looked to me. I don't think it's very positive of you to comment on my model for the sole reason of your insecurities.

Carm3D
07-08-2004, 03:53 AM
(le sigh) The Christopher Judge comment wasn't mine.

hrgiger
07-08-2004, 03:55 AM
You're missing the point and I don't care about the Christopher Judge comment. I just personally think if you can't take criticism, you shouldn't post. But I have to leave for work...

Carm3D
07-08-2004, 03:58 AM
And I personally think we can all be constructive with our critiques. There was a dozen more positive ways you could have your comment. Have a good day at work.

Zarathustra
07-09-2004, 10:34 AM
I'm with giger. I've also noticed Carm seems to hold grudges. I just don't understand that mentality. What the hell is the difference HOW a critique is worded if the information is valuable? Would you refuse $100 from someone if they didn't smile as they handed you the money?

You know what the most valuable thing in the world is? Time. If someone spends their time not only viewing your work, but giving opinions on it and even suggesting changes you should be thankful, regardless of whether the language was nice and flowery or rude. ****, you kids all have thin skins. It's all that new age crap in school where everyone's a winner blah blah blah, nothing's your fault, everything's great, etc.

I'm just curious how some of you would react if a producer, a client, whatever rudely criticized your work. You going to throw a tantrum? Maybe start being bitchy? Ridiculous. As a pro you have to be prepared for feedback that is rarely nice and polite if you failed to hit the mark, and all of you wishing to become pro should know what kind of world is waiting for you... it's called the real world.

Carm3D
07-09-2004, 01:12 PM
I would like the opportunity to disprove your theory.. Give me $100 and not smile.. :cool:

hrgiger
07-09-2004, 01:15 PM
As far as Carm's model, I believe my exact words were..."Is she supposed to be middle aged?" In fact, I know it is, because I just went back and looked. What is negative about that? I wasn't trying to be rude or insulting, I was asking because I thought Carm was modeling her for a sex site or something and it just seemed odd because she looked older to me. If Carm was insulted by that, well, that's not my problem. If his feelings were hurt, then I do apologize merely for the fact that it was not my intention.
Your statement Carm that personally you think we can all be more constuctive in our critiques is nice, birds chirping and blue skies and ***** like that, but in the end a bit facist. What you think has no bearing on what I or others say. But having said that, I must reiterate that my intention was not to insult you because frankly, I don't know you enough to have some sort of grudge against you or your work.

As far as my model goes, I wasn't bothered at all by the Christopher Judge comment, in fact if you look back, you'll see that I agreed with him. Especially because I think the pictures I've seen of Judge, he looks a bit waxy, and he certainly looks bald. But I do feel complimented that X PsychoTron X thought the model looked like a cross between Angelina and someone else.:D
Just remember that I modeled her with the intention from the start to give the model out for free because I like doing things for the LW community. I don't expect a compliment or even a thank you, but I don't expect to be subject to your personal grudges for it either. It's not that I can't take it, it's just that I would prefer you take it up with me instead of taking away from an attempt to be helpful. I know you didn't make the comment Carm, but something about your words came across as something more personal then professional. Just my take. Obviously from my way of thinking, you're still free to say whatever you want to, but of course, I'm going to respond.
A lot of people seem to have trouble modeling the head when they start so I thought it would be helpful for some.

X PsychoTron X
07-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Tehe *Girlish Laughter*

I didn't mean my last post as an insult or anything, just an observation. The reason I said that is because yes, it is bald, but also the facial features seems just a tad broad. However it is a good model, and I'm sure with some hair and a lil bit of tweaking it would be spot on. :D

hrgiger
07-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Dont' give it another thought PsychoTron...

I think A. Jolie is not an easy model. There have been a few other people who have modeled her that I recall them saying similar things that her facial features are very atypical of what you expect them to be sometimes. I've seen a better model of her before and perhaps when I get some time, I can improve the model somewhat. But for now, she's sold, or given away rather, "as is"....

I'd love to get a hold of some better photoreferences that show a little more structure via light and shadow. When I made her I was pretty focused on the lips and the cheekbones so I may have neglected other areas.

dmg3d
07-09-2004, 02:30 PM
hr-

FWIW, I think it's a good model... the top of the head and top of the forehead could be up a bit (the hair makes it a tough call). But I think if people really don't like the model they could always get their money back :rolleyes:

Actually, I had been following your progress on the model and was surprised to see you give it away. I have a hard time parting with anything I spend time on. I think for people learning to model realistic heads, it's great to have someone willing to part with one of their models for reference or tweaking.

Any model can be improved, but you shouldn't have to apologize for not having enough time or for neglected areas. Since you were cool enough about letting others have a go at your work, let THEM do the tweaking... and then post their results for crits.

My 2 cents.
-Dave

d1wojo
07-09-2004, 02:42 PM
I just want to say that I personally thank you for letting me have a copy of the model so that I may study it and look at what you did in modeller to make it. This is going to help out hugly for the next face I model again thanks