PDA

View Full Version : Collision Problem

luka
02-11-2003, 11:18 PM
hI all
I would rely like some help.
I did a post on the old BB but didn't get the answer I was looking for.

I have a scene with an empty wine glass [ it has an inside srf.]
I have created water particles to fall inside the glass in the end I want them to look like wine.
Anyway I can't seem hold the particles inside the glass. When I alter my collision settings they either fall through the glass or just rebound of it.

I don't know who to ask anymore I have read alot of tutes on the subject aswell.
Here is a screen grab

Castius
02-12-2003, 07:22 AM
I didn't have a problem here Just turn on inside and set colition to object. You might want to use a much lower poly object for collission to speed things up. Here is my scene I tryed it on.
www.steelronin.com/temp/wine.zip

luka
02-12-2003, 08:12 AM
Castius you are amazing.:D :D :D :D :D
You get my five smiles. Thankyou very much, you don't know how much that has helped me. Once I get the wine perfect I think I will write a tutorial in Honour of you! You rock.

Castius
02-12-2003, 10:09 AM
np glad to be of service. I love challanges so it's hard for me to resist, when there is a problem at hand.

PHilly[Dee]
02-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Also, you can set your particle simulation rezolution to a much smaller number, thus increasing both accuracy and calculation time when you perform the simulation. You can find this setting by calling up the FX_Browser, and under "Options" you will see a "Resolution" field. Default's at 10cm, but I've had better results at 5cm. Fixing this will let you get better particle collisions. Also, you should press "FX_Start" when you want your collision simulations/particle interaction.

Hope that's a help!