PDA

View Full Version : Nodes won't load scene file

jstark
07-01-2004, 01:06 PM
My screamernet setup suddenly stopped working. The nodes find the config file and the command directory just fine. This setup has worked fine in 7.5b, and now in 7.5c, the nodes won't load the scene file. When I screamer render, the first node in the list freezes on "loading file." Has anyone experienced this particular problem?

EDIT: I am able to render other files just fine. Whatever is wrong is particular to this scene. This scene will render just fine without screamernet.

digimassa
07-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by jstark
.....When I screamer render, the first node in the list freezes on "loading file." .....

There is a known issue in 7.5c; if you have used spreadsheet in a scene: this scene renders proper in layout but freezes in lwsn.

Maybe this is the case with your file, the only solution is to edit the scene file in the text editor and to remove all entries reffering spreadsheet,

its bad - but good news are, that spreadsheet entries are allways near the beginning of the scene file so you dont need long time for seeking.^^:D

jasonazure
07-09-2004, 05:59 AM
I've been living with this bug for ages now (didn't realise it was due to spreadsheet !)

I normally fix it by ;
1. Load the scene into Lightwave
2. Add a NULL object
3. In the scene editor, drag the NULL to the top of the list (places it higher in the scene stack)
4. Save the scene then reload it
5. Remove the NULL object you added
6. Save the scene again

This normally works for me !

kopperdrake
11-23-2004, 02:44 PM
Many thanks!! I've been tearing my hair out over this one for a couple of hours...never had it before and afaik I've never used the spreadsheet on purpose! I wonder if I could have turned it on by mistake (or do some plugins such as FPrime use the spreadsheet?)

Cheers,

Dunk

kevman3d
11-26-2004, 09:27 PM
This was so common, I wrote a tool to fix it! :D

Download and run your files through LCSM (Lean Clean Scene Machine). It'll clean up all that stuff (yes, even SceneEditor in LW8 causes the same problems - Sadly). It does it in bulk, so if you have a tonne of files that don't work, you can clean the lot... It will also clean and fix other issues, check emitters and dynamics have saved motion files and more...

At the moment, NewTek Europe is the exclusive place to get it - Its free, and should work on both Mac and PC (its a compiled LScript):

http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/community/lightwave/phillips/3.html

Cheers

Kev.