PDA

View Full Version : tomecode qlitch....during recording

Videoyogi
07-01-2004, 03:55 AM
Anyone knows what could be the reason?
Durning regording from SDI source, "timecode qlitch " error appears in capture panel, and recorded material is 3-4 times faster than orginal. Recordind via YUV is correct.
???
3 different Digi betas - the same effect.

djlithium
07-01-2004, 05:05 AM
Are you sure the error is not "Input sync glitch"??

Never ever have I seen a "timecode glitch" error.

I am pretty sure what is happening here is that you don't have your system set up correctly to properly record material in uncompressed RTV or AVI format.

On your switcher, make sure that your preview and key buss are on a "black" input. Only the "Main" in input is what you need to phyiscally have up in order to record the material into the system. With the preview and key buss on the same input you are basically trippling the amount of data going through the buss especially if you have video windows up showing that material while you record. This is taking away from your computers ability to record the material uninterupted. Thus the "Input Sync Glitch" and the effect of the material playing faster than normal because its essentially dropping frames in an effort to keep up. Not the desired effect. Give the suggestion above a try and when in doubt call Tech support or come back to these forums for more suggestions.

Cheers and all that.

Videoyogi
07-01-2004, 09:09 AM
Thanks :-) I think, that You're right, that its bus transfer probem. But why it does'nt happend durning capture thru YUV, only SDI stream ? I'll check other inputs, anyway.

djlithium
07-01-2004, 03:54 PM
You may not have the SDI card in a slot that is appropriate for it.
Check the manual of your mother board and see if you have a another slot that is on a seperate PCI buss other than your toaster. This will keep it from slowing down all the slots in that "class" and ensure you are getting the best speeds possible.

Videoyogi
07-06-2004, 06:33 AM
Thank You djlithium :-) That was very helpfull hint.

See You on Dza Sea.