PDA

View Full Version : No bones about it!

LightwaveGranny
03-28-2003, 05:10 AM
Hello all,

I am desperately seeking help about a problem with my bones & weight maps.

I have atached an image (i think) which shows that when using weights-only with my bones I get this kind of tearing of flesh you could say.

Basically the bones move, but leaves the mesh behind, but not completely. I do hope the appropriate image was successfully attached.

If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks -Lightwave Granny

Rory_L
03-28-2003, 05:33 AM
One or two things spring to mind. Are these maps exclusive to each bone, or do they all effect each other? When you made the maps, did you give them 100% influence value? Are the map weights normalized? Each point on your model has to have a combined weight of 1; if it doesn`t it`ll stay put when the bone moves.

Cheers,

R

Samba
03-28-2003, 11:03 AM
Hi,
Check your object properties.In Geometry, subdivison order must be at least "after bones" but "last" is much better. This should help.
Cheers:D

hrgiger
03-28-2003, 06:10 PM
It should be set to last unless you're using sas or saslite for your character. Using last doesn't work right with sas and subdivision surfaces. Just a tip.

Yes, like Rory said, it looks like you haven't applied the weighmaps correctly. Use the setvalue feature under your maps tab in modeler to set weights. This way you know your points are weighted 100%.