PDA

View Full Version : Recording main out to Hard Disk

ottis41
06-29-2004, 08:39 PM
OK I have a nice concert edited in VT edit i have all my CGs done up great have a few Back ground pallets and i can record live out to tape no problem, but when i record to hard disk my CGs are not showing up, and worst of all am getting no audio. Yikes I know i should be able to do this no problem. Can ony one let me know what settings i need to do to correct this.
I have 7 36 Gb Scis drives and 3 empty so space is not an issue.
My final progect i would like to go to DVD, but do not want to recapture tape back to Hard disk.

wvp
06-29-2004, 09:10 PM
If you have a project in TED completed that you want to put to DVD then you do not need to "record main out to hard disk".
What you want to do is either:
1) Use a program like TMPGenc that can read the ted project natively to encode to mpeg2. (Do a search on the VT3 form for "TMPG" for more help).
2) Save the project using the avi wrapper format (file/save as). This "avi" file can be used by many encoding/authoring programs and the avi file takes little space and is saved instantly.
3) RENDER the project to a single file (rtv / DV, etc). You will still need to do one of the above to make a DVD, but you can now delete all the video, audio files you captured and other assets.

ted
06-30-2004, 10:58 AM
Ottis, take the time to do a quick test on a short segment first.
With so many variables like codecís and application variables, you will end up saving a lot of time by doing a 1-minute sample until you get the variables worked out.
As you'll see here, you have many ways of doing the same thing.
Let us know how you end up getting what you need.

ottis41
06-30-2004, 03:02 PM
Yea, That is what i have been doing, I may try another codec, I have been using DVwith PMC audio. Maybe uncompressed if i have to. all of the footage was shot direct to disk from a 4 cam VT shoot and some extra DVC-Pro footage. I am going to keep trying. i was wondering maybe do i have to phisicaly rout audio from out to in, but i thgink i would get a feed back.