PDA

View Full Version : bezier after bezier

rafalkurc
06-29-2004, 06:23 AM
what to do when i created a polygon and i want to make curve in one of the edges

how can i modify every edge of a polygon?

rafalkurc
06-29-2004, 06:46 AM
any help?

how to create a curve on the maked edge?

rafalkurc
06-29-2004, 07:05 AM
any help?

how to create a curve on the maked edge?

MiniFireDragon
06-29-2004, 07:13 AM
if you needed to curve a polygon you would need to add more points with add points tool in modeler and curve the edge yourself, or if you have the points, curve it (move the points in an arch) otherwise there is no other way to do it. Keep in mind that once u go beyond 4 points there is a greater chance you will create a non planar surface, and since the surface is curved, you will.

rafalkurc
06-29-2004, 07:19 AM
"move the points in an arch" - how to do it?
I don't have visible one, and there is not active tool to generate a curve on the edge.

MiniFireDragon
06-29-2004, 07:32 AM
in order to see the points of an object you must turn on wire frame and also make sure the "show points" in the display options panel is checked. Take the drag tool or the move tool and move the points along the edge into the curve u are looking for.

UnCommonGrafx
06-29-2004, 07:56 AM
rafalkurc,
Press f1.

Start on page 1. You can even do a search for things. Like "move", "points", etc.

Help sounds like it could be given but it seems you won't understand it.

You must take a little time to get used to this new software.

"move the points in an arch" - how to do it?
Press control+t and select those points you want to move into the arch.

rafalkurc
06-29-2004, 07:59 AM
i think that i am not enough smart.

1. i have a polygon created with Pen tool
2. now, i need to create on one edge a curve, how do do this step by step?

I am prepared with wireframe etc.

UnCommonGrafx
06-29-2004, 08:05 AM
You ARE smart enough: you have lightwave.

:D

- Press delete.
- Reselect that Pen tool and draw the shape you WANT.

Simple.

:cool:

rafalkurc
06-29-2004, 08:09 AM
smart guy, i was working in 3ds max, there is very easy to create a curve from point: right clik -> bezier corner. That's all.

but thanks for your help

rafalkurc
06-29-2004, 08:12 AM
lol : )

UnCommonGrafx
06-29-2004, 08:47 AM
See, now you've given me enough info to work with. :D

If you want to put a curve into an already made poly, I don't believe there are any built in "Press a button" type actions of which you seek. There are third party free plugins available that do that, though.

Seriously, you can add points to an already made polygon using the add points command. Not trying to be a smart arse, just sharing the language of lw. Seems you speak 3d max. Been a long time since I was in that program.

The title to this thread threw me off. And continues to... What were you actually trying to do? And would some of the spline/bezier tools be a better fit for your endeavor? LW is NOT going to give you the same tools you have come to expect from max because the thrust is different: freeform compared to a slave imaging program for Autocad. (Their initial point of the program.) This architectural heritage is not shared, in the slightest, by lw.
:p

Got a screen shot to show what you want to accomplish?

Matt
06-29-2004, 09:56 AM
Do you mean like this . . . . ?

Matt
06-29-2004, 09:57 AM
If so, JettoFillet can be found here; like most good things in LightWave - it's free too!

http://www.3dfightclub.com/~jettocrack/lightwave/plugins/

Matt
06-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Or do you mean like this . . . ? (Rounder is part of LightWave 8)

Terrificfool
06-29-2004, 02:47 PM
I think he wants to make a polygon, but create a bezier spine out of the edge. I.e. he wants to draw a polygon and then create bezier splines of the edges. In which case, a way to do this with standard spines(I dont know much about bezier) is to press k to kill the polygon, which leaves the points. Then select two points and click shift+p I think it is to make a spline. I'm prolly wrong as I havent done that in ages, and the new Lw8 shortcuts have thrown me off. Theres a tool for "make spline" in the create menu or something along those lines. Use that, and you can select the points you want and make ths spline. Not sure if you can do this with bezier splines however. Standard splines tend to work pretty good for me. I would verify all of this, but my Lightwave is not responding and I'm going on memory here.

rafalkurc
06-30-2004, 12:03 AM
here is my problem

Tim Parsons
06-30-2004, 04:59 PM
There are several methods that can be used to accomplish the task at hand. Here is a short tut explaining one way. Takes all of 30 seconds.

Tim Parsons
06-30-2004, 05:00 PM
....continued....

UnCommonGrafx
06-30-2004, 08:50 PM
The guy wants a button!!!

Don't believe that will do.

Better to put half a disk with the proper outline there, deleting the points not needed and merge the points into the original pieces.
IF ya want a pic, I can get ya one.

Doran
06-30-2004, 10:10 PM
you could make your poly; draw your bezier, kill the polys; select points in order and create closed poly.

...would be much easier..

To assure you have a non planar set the value on all your points to the shared plane so that they are the same.

rafalkurc
07-01-2004, 12:11 AM
thanks for your help with tutorial

guys, could you please show me how to do it easier? with simple tutorial please