PDA

View Full Version : Not something you see every day- (although my wife would beg to differ)

Tim Parsons
06-28-2004, 10:17 AM
Just something I threw together while messing around with FPrime. Monte Carlo radiosity with 7 bounces, 1 area light and 1 specular only point light. This was a 2 layer comp with the floor rendered separately. Comments and crits welcomed.

Cheers
Tim

chrisdz
06-28-2004, 10:30 AM
That's downright swell. Very believable :)

I'd love to see a comparative LW-only render :D

Lewis
06-28-2004, 10:34 AM
looking great, only thing what i would like is less grain :).

chrisdz
06-28-2004, 10:41 AM
Well, okay - if we're gonna nitpick, the left-facing surface on the washer is a bit hot and blown-out... :D

danilo
06-28-2004, 02:15 PM
Nice!
Don't see any grain(?).
danilo

adrian
06-28-2004, 03:43 PM
Yeah, very nice render indeed. I wish I could just "throw" stuff like that together!

Are you going to make a whole kitchen scene?

Adrian.

Tim Parsons
06-29-2004, 08:29 AM
This is the exact same scene, but this time with background radiosity and an additional non shadow casting spotlight fill. It rendered overnight using FPrime. " Thrown together " it certainly was. But keep in mind the models were from previous projects, so it was a simple matter of setting up some lights and with FPrime's feedback adjust till satisfied. This is what I call an "I'm bored at work, let's mess around and see what this radiosty stuff is all about" project. Thanks for all your comments.

Cheers
Tim

Matt
06-29-2004, 10:24 AM
I'm a sucker for product renders, very nice! :)

Trawler
06-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Really nice stuff!! I especially like the second render, it seems to have richer blacks while still keeping a few of the white highlights on the top corners of the machines. Nice whites and black blacks, a perfect picture makes. :D

Dave Davies
06-30-2004, 05:45 PM
Very nice. I just checked our laundry toom though, and maybe it's the age, but the reflections on our washer isn't nearly as crisp. Vey dull and blurred, in fact.

But who knows, maybe other people polish their appliances!

sidetrak
06-30-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Dave Davies
Very nice. I just checked our laundry toom though, and maybe it's the age, but the reflections on our washer isn't nearly as crisp. Vey dull and blurred, in fact.

But who knows, maybe other people polish their appliances!
i guess yer on the right track for noticing in all, but you kinda gotta take it into context. The washer looks like its good enough for a product placement, and therefore it would wanna look as good as it can. I maybe wrong and i almost know that you didnt mean it as a product placement, its just the style and the way you set up the scene that resembles some that ive seen. on another note, great scene , keep up the good work ^^