PDA

View Full Version : Exclude from reflection

joeh
06-26-2004, 10:59 AM
I am working in a radiosity lit scene, with objects being reflective (and necessarily so). I have a object that is invisible to the camera, but is luminescent. This object needs to factor into the radiosity calculations, but not the reflections. So, in short, how do I exclude an object from reflections, but have it still factor into radiosity?
Joe

Hervé
06-28-2004, 12:58 AM
fact is.... unless unseen by rays and cam, it will show up in reflections.:rolleyes:

joeh
06-28-2004, 11:47 AM
This downright sucks, a feature that definately should be added.
Joe

___mats___
01-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Yes, I need it for something now.. and ended up in this thread

Captain Obvious
01-14-2008, 05:16 AM
You can exclude things from radiosity and keep them in reflections, but not vice versa. It's pants.

Giacomo99
01-15-2008, 09:22 AM
JoeH--What would the result you describe look like? There's probably some way to do it, but without screen caps it's impossible to tell what you're getting at.

3dworks
01-19-2008, 12:12 PM
yes, looking for exactly the same right now... please NT, add a way to include / exclude all single object rendering properties indipendently: reflections, refractions, shadows, GI etc. as it is you have only some combinations, but not all options. especially reflective objects which are only in a scene to generate reflections are impossible to do right now... or is there any trick? a node maybe?

markus