PDA

View Full Version : Camera Issues

mike509123
06-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Hi,
I am sort of new to lightwave, but i am having an interesting problem. I am using Lightwave v7.5. My scene basically has a boat, i place the camera so its focused on the boat and i make a keyframe at frame 0, then i advance 100 key frames ahead and with the camera in the boat in the exact same positions i make another keyframe at key frame 100. Then i run a preview and everything is okey. Now i physcially move the camera on the screen and create a key frame at frame 200. I was expecting that the camera would not move at all between key frames 0 and 100 and would move between between keyframes 100 and 200, but unfortuantly the camera moves slightly between keyframes 0 and 100, any ideas, and is there a way to correct this?

Thanks.

Whit
06-26-2004, 01:05 PM
A possibility is that Lightwave is trying to make a nice smooth transition where you don't want one

Try opening the graph editor in Layout. Find the channel for the boat's motion (something like Test:boat.Position.X). In the graph for that channel there should be three keyframes marked.

Select the keyframe at 100 and change the Incoming Curve to Linear. You should see the shape of the curve from 0 to 100 change to a flat line.

--Whit

mike509123
06-26-2004, 02:34 PM
I think you might be right with

"Select the keyframe at 100 and change the Incoming Curve to Linear. You should see the shape of the curve from 0 to 100 change to a flat line."

Could you give a me a little more detail i know how to get to the graph editor but then i get lost from there.

Thanks so much

mike509123
06-26-2004, 05:32 PM
I think i figured it out. First i want to thank Whit, for pointing me in the right direction. If anyone else wants to see the solution check out this short tutorial, which explains a lot for a newbie.

http://www.puppydoodle.biz/tutorials/LW6_Layout_Basics.htm

Thanks Again,
Mike

Triple G
06-26-2004, 09:16 PM
Alternatively, you could leave the incoming curve type set to TCB, and simply increase the tension to 1.0. This will flatten out the incoming curve as well as give you a nice ease-in motion to your next key.