PDA

View Full Version : I think this picture is enough for NewTek Gallery :)

skazka
06-24-2004, 07:48 PM
What are you thinking about it ???

pauland
06-25-2004, 05:59 AM
Excellent - the Logo has attitude. Pity it wasn't *the* logo.

Paul

riki
06-25-2004, 07:40 AM
Looks pretty horrible actually. Sorry just my opinion.

marble_sheep
06-25-2004, 11:24 AM
The model itself looks like it has some potential, however... the effectiveness is ruined by poor design. Lose the waviness (which I assume you did in photoshop, no?) and make the composition more interesting, and then you might have an image for the gallery.

Don't give up on it, just re-think the execution and it might turn out to be really cool.

TheWeedKiller
06-25-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by riki
Looks pretty horrible actually. Sorry just my opinion.
That is a little harsh(Although I can't really disagree :rolleyes: )

It looks like you just took the logo that comes with it and modified it in photoshop. I think it would look much cleaner if it was modeled. I apologize if I am wrong.

You made it in there anyway ;) . It doesn't seem that hard to get into the gallery.

riki
06-25-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by TheWeedKiller
That is a little harsh(Although I can't really disagree :rolleyes: )

It feels like I've been commenting on other people's work for years, ever since Art College at least. But it doesn't seem to matter how bad something is, you're always expected to say something nice like "oh I love the frame!".

Matthew Pegg
06-26-2004, 01:35 AM
It feels like I've been commenting on other people's work for years, ever since Art College at least. But it doesn't seem to matter how bad something is, you're always expected to say something nice like "oh I love the frame!".

Maybe it'd be a little more constructive if you mentioned why you thought it was "horrible".

As it stands, you kicked the guy in the guts for no apparent reason. To what gain ? To make sure he never posts in this forum again ???

hrgiger
06-26-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Matthew Pegg

As it stands, you kicked the guy in the guts for no apparent reason. To what gain ? To make sure he never posts in this forum again ???

Now, I think you're the one being a little harsh. Riki was just stating his opinion and even stated it as such and even offered his apology for having to give it.....
If skazka feels kicked in the guts, that's his problem. I wish people would quit blaming others for their feelings. You can't expect everyone to like your stuff and when you ask for others opinions as skazka did, you better be prepared to get both good or bad or both or neither. It doesn't help anyone to dance around anything negative and try to say something positive when it's not how you really feel just because you feel some neurotic urge to be polite or pc. He wants to know what others think, Riki delivered. I agree, he might have elaborated about what he thought was horrible, but he kicked no guts.

Perhaps it is an art school thing. I used to see professors rip the hell out of students works (figuratively not literally) and to me, that was the best thing for students to work harder. Of course, it was always very amusing I thought anyway, it's all part of the learning process. If they really got that upset, perhaps they didn't belong there in the first place.

skazka,

I guess my thoughts are that it doesn't seem that orgiinal. It's not that much different then the actual Newtek Logo. I also think it's sort of vague and not very focused in design. Keep working at it though.
I don't think it's ready for the Newtek gallery, but then again, that's just my opinion.

skazka
06-26-2004, 06:07 AM
Thanks respected All for all opinions.

My work placed in gallery
http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/lw-gallery/displayimage.php?album=15&pos=0

I think, its compelling evidence of my true interpretation, understanding LightWave :)

Waves of Light are in your mind.
LightWave – the best way to feel it.
Communism – forever!!! :)))
For those, who understand…

pauland
06-26-2004, 06:16 AM
Well done on getting it into the gallery. I guess Newtek agreed with us... ;-)

Paul

riki
06-26-2004, 08:39 AM
Anyway congratulations. BTW is it meant to be the LW logo morphed into a hammer and sickle??

Totenkopf
06-27-2004, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by skazka
Thanks respected All for all opinions.
My work placed in gallery
http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/lw-gallery/displayimage.php?album=15&pos=0
I think, its compelling evidence of my true interpretation, understanding LightWave :)
Waves of Light are in your mind.
LightWave – the best way to feel it.
Communism – forever!!! :)))
For those, who understand…

So... it is inresting. especially about goal of the CPRF
:D

But i think that no one understood the main idea of the image....
I think you shoud make some explanations about what is it, and what are the goals of the work..... imho...

I didnt like it , (but becouse i know what is it)

skazka
06-27-2004, 05:29 AM
I don't say any word about goal of the CPRF.
Commuunizm - it's like the Funk. You can feel it or no. ;)
NewTek understood :p That's enough :p :p :p

skazka
06-27-2004, 05:33 AM
Anyway congratulations. BTW is it meant to be the LW logo morphed into a hammer and sickle??

:) :) :) Something like this ?
It will be the real Great Morph :cool:

veljko
06-27-2004, 08:15 AM
I viewed this image when it was first posted, and had no constructive criticsm so i moved on-
Since the image itselfe was not that interestting to me, i passed it over these last days untill i saw that it had 12 replies? I wandered to what did the image evolve into after so much oppinions and replies-
:)

IMHO 2 questions are in order:
1. did you model the logo?
2. were the wave effects done in LW or not?

if so, with what plugin cos they look cool:)

Totenkopf
06-27-2004, 08:53 AM
I don't say any word about goal of the CPRF.
Commuunizm - it's like the Funk. You can feel it or no. ;) confused: :confused: :confused:

NewTek understood :p That's enough :p :p :p

Then.. hope to see in galery....:

Hervé
06-28-2004, 01:08 AM
.... poor design based on poor design....

I've never liked the LW logo, so a jiggled copy of it .......

ok ok, you get an "A" for trying.....:D ;)