PDA

View Full Version : DFX+question

art_DA
06-24-2004, 12:09 PM
How do you keyframe a horizontal move in the text tool or transform tool?
I have a line of text that I want to move horizontally so that when I see the last letter of type, it then scales and it looks like you zoom throught that last letter.
This new DFX+ seems to be a bit buggy.
Scaling was easy to do, but for some reason I cannot keyframe my horizontal move.
Let me know if you don't understand the question.
Thanks,
Art

CoryC
06-24-2004, 12:29 PM
I haven't found DFX+ to be very buggy at all.

You can keyframe the text's X position a couple of ways. One way is to set a keyfram on the text position itself. Unter the layout tab for text node right click on 'Center' or 'X:' and select animate. This could effect movements for other nodes down the line so another option is to add a DVE and animate the X or Center of the DVE. That leave the text's center alone.

art_DA
06-24-2004, 01:13 PM
I know what you mean by animating the center, but when I move the text in the "X" position at say frame 150, AFTER making sure it's in the first position on frame 120. , it puts my text way off screen from frame 1. I then try to move the keyframe in the "splines" mode of the flow area and I don't see a curve to edit. I DO see a curve to edit the size, but not the move.
In fact, I can't see a menu that lists "animate" when I right click over the "X" and "Y". All I get in that menu is, "undo", "copy", "paste", "delete" and "select all".
I say it seems buggy because sometimes and in fact most of the time, I can only get the right screen of the 2 screens above the flow area to play anything.
I've gotta be doing something wrong.
Hmmmmm.
Thanks though. I have done EXACTLY what you describe in both the text tool and the transform tool, but will now try the DVE tip you just gave me.

Art

CoryC
06-24-2004, 01:20 PM
Right-click on the actual 'X:' text, not the input box.

You should be able to drag any flow to either box and have them play back.

If your spline is not showing up make sure it is the only one visible using the checkmarks on the left, then click on the spline window anywhere, hit Ctrl+F to fit it to the screen. IF there are keyframes it will size them to the window.

art_DA
06-24-2004, 01:31 PM
D'OH!!! I was clicking on the input space, not on the word "center" itself. Looks like that was my problem to begin with.
Geez Cory, I feel really goofy now! LOL
Thank you so much!
Art