PDA

View Full Version : F-prime rendering

titane357
06-24-2004, 01:46 AM
hello all

I use F-prime rendering for my every day job.
I use radiosity with 3 bounces, for 2500*1600 still images.
Works very well and pretty fast.

I made a test rendering in pal for a short anim and I saw something interesting...

I renderd just 3 passes and got a grainy rendering (not so bad in fact), but when the camera moov, the grain seems to stay at the same place at screen, like a post effect grain.
So I wonder if it'd be possible with a post effect to analyse that grain along the movie and then to remove it ?

Any idea ?

Karmacop
06-24-2004, 05:08 AM
Do a difference between a clean frame (with a lot of passes) and one of the grainy frames (one with the normal amount of grain) and then subtract (I think) the grain from all of the frames, and if what you say is happening is really happening you should get a cleaner frame. I'd like to see your results. :)

Hervé
06-24-2004, 07:25 AM
yes I had an intersting go go about that non moving grain.... really almost like if someone would have post processed it to add some grain... I wonder IF some app like Neat Image could batch that process....;)

silverlw
06-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Try neatimage! on clean renderings like those of rooms and buildings with big open areas,it makes big difference. Neatimage is afaik free to use but cant use batch funktionality until you register.