PDA

View Full Version : Please NT, Update the video Gallery

Hervé
06-23-2004, 11:48 PM
Please NT, Update the video Gallery, it is like this for years.... what a shame for an animation app..... and you have no excuses, coz it's been like that for so long.... I mean new clients come on your site.... they look for anims.... none... go to your enemies sites to compare....;) :D

Exper
06-24-2004, 02:39 AM
This is one of the many little things to do:
clever marketing and visibility!

Hervé
06-24-2004, 03:18 AM
.... and when you see that none of these videos are LW8.... come on NT ! there are plenty of people out there with much nicer anims than the ones you actually show on your site.... although those were pretty nice , just a bit outdated....:D ;)

Hervé
06-24-2004, 03:23 AM
Hello Giovanni, you have some cool weird anims on you old site....:D

Exper
06-24-2004, 08:11 AM
Glad you liked that LW 5.5/5.6 ancient stuff! ;)

Then... I'm agree with you...
NT should provide better/update videos examples on their site!

nerdyguy227
06-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Exper
Please NT, Update the video Gallery

Please NT, Update the video Gallery, it is like this for years.... what a shame for an animation app..... and you have no excuses, coz it's been like that for so long.... I mean new clients come on your site.... they look for anims.... none... go to your enemies sites to compare....

I was thinking the same thing last week when I was looking at all the images in the image gallery

riki
06-27-2004, 03:01 AM
People have been asking for this for ages. It makes sense to show what Lightwave can do as an animation package.

tokyo drifter
06-27-2004, 04:59 AM
It's not going to happen. Newtek never listens to their users. Give it up, no one is listening.

(that was my feeble attempt at reverse psychology)

:)

Hervé
06-27-2004, 06:21 AM
Yes, but I really dont understand why, coz LW is an animation tool.... guess what... I guess it's not used too much for anims anymore, maybe that's why....

They keep pointing this movie or this film or that tv show, but since all those are kids movies or the tv shows are in all in US, in Europe, there is no way to verify all that... I dont want to spend money in movie theatres watching a stupid (most of time) kid movie just to watch 5 seconds of use of LW.... mixed most of times with so many apps, you dont even know what part LW plays in it....

or maybe because NT knows it's LW weakest point, and it's not going to compete with other 3d apps, so they are rather showing stills.... who knows....

What a bright future....sure... prove it.... until now people think it's the opposite....:(

tokyo drifter
06-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Hervé
I dont want to spend money in movie theatres watching a stupid (most of time) kid movie just to watch 5 seconds of use of LW.... mixed most of times with so many apps, you dont even know what part LW plays in it.... Don't spend money to see a movie just because you heard that Lightwave was used in it. What's the point of that? Why does it matter what program they used?

CB_3D
06-27-2004, 06:34 PM
lots of good lw fx and space stuff on tv these days. should be no problem to assemble a killer reel.

Hervé
06-27-2004, 11:45 PM
What difference it makes.... for me none ! I've choose LW a long time ago, and yes it was based on a couple posters I've seen with some M&M's, Startrek, a commercial for Carnival cruises, and a geeky Dinosaur...

Maya came on stage at the same time, and I thought, well too new, they have nothing to show.... so I bought LW, and watched "Bingo the clown" a bit after.....

Anyway, I still have a killer demo real from NT (the one with the buildings coming out of the ground up) it is fabulous, and all was done in 5.5..... Like I said, I dont think anims from LW can compete these days.... just look at the flicker problem we still have from 5.5, and we are 8.....

Lots of space stuff on TV.....? no beggie, get down, I watched Startrek for sooooo long, I mean the only place left for that crew to land on is my house..... Is LW jsut dedicated to space and Nasa mostly balck screens....

NT could put together a killer reel, but maybe the compnies that owns the rights just dont want to help them with free (for NT) content.....;) :D

NT needs a drummer, and a singer.... enough violins.....:D

ViperGT
06-28-2004, 11:22 PM
I found this a while ago if anyones interested in having a look: http://www.newmagic.com.au/NM_video/broadband/lw7fnlforweb.wmv

-Viper

art
06-29-2004, 07:24 AM
Contests section seems to be gone too (or i'm not looking hard enough). Too bad. Not that I would even attempt to participate (as a newbie) in new contests, but it would be always nice to see what others can squeeze out of Lightwave. Maybe some of it could be posted in the animations section.

Exper
06-29-2004, 09:31 AM
Yes... NT's site needs a revamp!