PDA

View Full Version : I need a mentor to ask lots of questions???

Learn'n Mike
06-23-2004, 11:42 AM
Howdy from Texas

I'm a 2 yr. user of a simular product (GlobeCaster). In about a year I want to purchase my own system. What is the difference between the GlobeCaster and the Video Toaster. I know that they are simular systems.

Thanks, Y'all

Michael;)

ted
06-23-2004, 03:38 PM
They are and aren't similar.
I'm kinda busy now, but e-mail me with "GlobeCaster" as the subject, (so I don't trash it), and I'll try and fill you in on my thoughts since I own 2 GlobeCasters and 3 VT systems.

Learn'n Mike
06-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Mr. Ruiz, thanks for a quick reply.

I currentlly use my churches Globecaster. I have volunteered there for 3 years. I first ran camera, worked my way to live switching. I have a worthless piece of paper that says I know mass communications, my minor was small business. I know what happens when TV stations hire people. I had a family.

That was 10 years ago. I find myself disabled. I have found grants that will give me up to 30k over 4 years to start a home business. I want to be a Videographer.

I have worked for others and some photographers. All the experiences I had where bad. Some events I have never been paid for. I want to work for myself.

I can't afford a GlobeCaster, but I like the system. I just want to understand the nuts and bolts of each system so when I get my own I get the best system. I know there is a learning curve.

At your conviencence.

Michael

ted
06-25-2004, 12:57 PM
I spent 18 years working at the local NBC Affiliate. I know what you mean about needing to control your own destiny better.

When I bought my own Production Company in 1998, I felt the best option at the time was the Trinity. I fought very hard to help make it all it could be. After GlobalStreams bought Play, I saw a decline in the ability to work with the people building the box and after many attempts, I moved on. Since I just didn't feel the GlobeCaster was going in a direction I needed. Not badmouthing them, it just wasn't right for me.

I did a LOT of research of EVERY system out there, and flew myself to San Antonio for three days, talking to those who are making the VT what it is. After leaving, I knew NewTek was a company that would let me help them, help me. I also knew that Tim's Dream was NOT in the final stages, but at a new stronger stage.

With that said...(sorry I'm so passionate and long winded), owning your own Production Company isn't easy. But with the right tools, i.e. VT3, you will be ready for any potential work/money, available in your market.
People are doing very well adding some Live Productions to their shoot and Post jobs. That's why a flexible system like the VT3 is an EXCELLENT choice for us Production Companies who need to be wise with our investment.

I hope this helps.