PDA

View Full Version : DVE's WITH SUBPROJECTS!!!!!!!!!!

bradl
06-22-2004, 05:47 PM
This will make some of you mad and make some of you very happy. I know I am very stoked about it right now!

I don't know how, but I was able to use DVE's on Subprojects today. Dissolve, page turn and yes even Alien Hand (as a test only)! Now this subproject (and I created many as a test) had cropping (letterbox effect) and had an overlay title. As a test, I just threw in an addition PIP and CG and it all worked.

I was so excited I immeadiately called Paul and told him about it. I don't know how long it will work or if I can re-create it later but for now and maybe only until next reboot it is working.

Bottom-line is it can work and work very well. So now all you script masters (Bob, Aussie, Jef, etc.), the challenge has be issued. May the best man win. Of course if I figure it out first, I will be selling copies of the 'patch' for $500 a piece :cool: ... just kidding of course...

Just so you don't think I am crazy here is a composite picture of my Desktop and the next post below will have a highly compressed WMV in a Zip file.

EDIT: Apparently the following statement is wrong, my bad...
THIS NOT A FEATURE OF THE CURRENT VT3 RELEASE. Hopefully it will be in the next patch now, though! :)EDIT

bradl
06-22-2004, 05:48 PM
Here is a sample:

ScorpioProd
06-22-2004, 06:03 PM
This would be a great feature!

But I don't understand, you say it isn't in the current version, if it was beta you wouldn't be able to post it here, and you're suggesting others run with it...

Therefore, did you program a new DVE engine plug-in to make it work now? (For instance, some of Bob's plug-ins use his own alpha enabled engine.)

bradl
06-22-2004, 06:08 PM
No beta and no new code. Just a friggin fluke! I am running Patch 4909 without any of Bob's plugins installed (even though I own a bunch).

I just relaunched VT3 and it still works. I am saving a sample effect as a project hoping that if it stops working, loading it may re-start it. I will let everyone know how it goes tomorrow.

Rich Deustachio
06-22-2004, 06:38 PM
This isn't news to me I have done this pleanty of times.

One limitation, it will only work with CG and video clips together, if you make a CG a sub by itself with overlay on, you can use the DVE but it turns off the overlay. If you place a CG over video and make a sub out of both, then you can transition to the next clip which will apply the DVE to both as if you rendered them out together. Still doesn't ley us use DVEs on overlayed CG just on the CG.

bradl
06-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Rich that is almost unbelievable... but I do believe you however... Why in the world is this not known far and wide. I thought DVE's with Subprojects was one of the top requests. Of course, the 'Holy Grail' would be to have DVE's with overlays.

As far as DVE'ing Subprojects, I still can't hardly believe it was possible and I didn't know about it. Paul Lara was seemed very surprised today when I told him. This is all very strange, even disturbing...

Just to clarify, I had a cropped and positioned background shot, two CG stills, and another positioned overlayed clip in one subproject and did a DVE transisiton to another subproject with the same setup. Is it just me or is this not great news... I don't get it?

Edit: Apparently this has been possible, just not with alpha. Well it will seem like a 'new feature' to me! Edit

Rich Deustachio
06-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Well we all learn something new every day. I am always reading something I didn't know I could do with VT3 on these forums. It is a very useful feature to be able to transition from sub to sub or sub to clip. Much better than having to render out that whole layered section.

ted
06-22-2004, 10:24 PM
It's news to me also!!!
I'll have to play with it tomorrow.

ScorpioProd
06-22-2004, 11:16 PM
Oh, OK, yeah, this has always been possible...

When I read the PIP thing you mentioned at the start of the thread I thought you meant you could PIP the subproject, and position the subproject and crop the subproject and such, but all that requires alpha support, which isn't there for subprojects.

And that kind of support would be very useful, DVEing CG stuff even better.