PDA

View Full Version : increase reflection size in reflective surface?

Johnny
06-22-2004, 03:30 PM
I'm working on an image for a client in which one object reflects the one next to it. the reflection of one object into the other is a raytracing reflection; not like an image map being used, but one piece of geometry reflecting another piece of geometry.

My client wants the reflection to be larger.. I've experimented, and of course the reflection gets larger when the two objects are closer, but client wants a certain spacing AND this reflection to get larger.

Is there a way to make an object reflect things larger than it would do so in real life? (Make objects appear closer than they are?)

the shape of this object can't change; it just needs to reflect things larger.

I also can't do anything like make the camera distort the image in a fisheye way, either.

tx!

J

robewil
06-22-2004, 04:02 PM
Have you tried placing the camera at the location of the reflective object and rendering an image of the reflecting object and using that image as a reflection map that can be resized?

toby
06-22-2004, 06:57 PM
Duplicate the reflected object, make one unseen by camera and the other unseen by rays. Move the one that's unseen by camera closer to the reflecting object. You can then distort or change the reflected object that's unseen by camera.

If you want to distort the whole image, I believe there's a plug-in somewhere for camera distortion, but it would be easier to do it in Photoshop or After effects ~