PDA

View Full Version : Siggraph 2004

unc1e meat
06-22-2004, 10:42 AM
Does anybody know if there will be any Lightwave user group meetings or a Newtek party similar to last year?

I hope Apple makes a signifant presence this year. Any speculations about this?

tatiana
07-17-2004, 07:28 PM
I've been checking around again this weekend and haven't seen anything about a LW UG party at SIGGRAPH just yet....if anyone has any info about one, I'd like to sign up! :D

t

gggraphx
07-29-2004, 04:06 PM
Time is getting short. Schedules are filling up. Where's the party? :)

kevman3d
08-21-2004, 03:47 PM
No user group during Siggraph sadly... :( However I was lucky enough to meet up with Jessica Vitale at Siggraph, and what a lovely person she is too! :)

Took a few piccies, grabbed a kilo or two of paper/CD/DVD/Bizcards and snapped some video from the Newtek booth and I'm ready to do our next LWUG here in NZ next week!

gggraphx
08-21-2004, 07:38 PM
Hey Kevman,
Did you not make it to the LW party in Hollywood? It was very cool. Nice venue and Kiki (sp) rocks! The only way it could have been better is more free booze and t-shirt upgrades but hey, I'm not complaining.
We just had our first LW User Group meeting here in San Diego. Larry Shultz and Jennifer and Dave Jerrard were there. It was awesome that such talent could come down for our first meeting.

kevman3d
08-21-2004, 10:19 PM
Yeh, I was there... being ignored by most people (I noted the general attention span of most people at the party when you're someone they've never heard of seems to be between 10-15 seconds. lol! ) :D

I did manage to catch a few people - A few piccies of Kiki on stage (Phoar! :p ) and the like... Was a cool party. Wished I'd met more people, but hey, its not easy when its packed with so many people ;)

Our next LWUG will be hopefully next week - I need to find a good idea for our next competition - I have a copy or two of '1001 tips' I'm itching to promote as a prize... :D

gggraphx
08-21-2004, 11:24 PM
Hey Kevman,
Next year we'll have to plan ahead of time to meet. There's no reason why we should all be standing around alone. :)
It was hard this year because Newtek seemed to get the party info out at the last minute but we'll just have to be more on the ball next year.
I've read your posts about User Groups and they're very good. Thanks alot.
The competition I've enjoyed watching on the LWG site is the texture competition. Same object textured be different people. Some of the results are really funny and creative. I think any competition that gets people creating is a good thing.
How about a scene competition. Everyone storyboards a short scene...gets people drawing or sketching and previsualizing before they even touch a mouse.
Good luck.