PDA

View Full Version : A robot thing

Holger
06-22-2004, 07:18 AM
Here is my latest project. It is some sort of robot thing. I do not really know. I am thinking of sending it in to the Lightwave galleries, but I am not shure if its "good enough". Let me know of your opinion! Come with suggestions for improvement of the scene and the model.

Best regards

Holger, Norway

Holger
06-22-2004, 09:40 AM
Here is another render:

MacDaddyKash
06-22-2004, 05:36 PM
Awesome. Very smooth. How did you do the springs? It's probably very simple but I have dificulty with stuff like that.

Holger
06-22-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by MacDaddyKash
Awesome. Very smooth. How did you do the springs? It's probably very simple but I have dificulty with stuff like that.
Thankyou!

You are right, it is very simple. :)

You make a disc, which is 0 m thick. In other words, just a circle. Then you select the Lathe Tool, hit 'n' on the keyboard, and increase the right value (X, Y or Z, just try it out) so that you make a donut-shape. Then you increase the 'Offset' value. This makes a spring-like donut. If you want the spring longer, just set the 'End angle' higher than 360 degrees.

Do not hesitate if you have more questions. :)

bloontz
06-22-2004, 06:10 PM
I like it! Maybe put treads on the tires.

starbase1
06-23-2004, 06:24 AM
Love those super clean surfaces - clever use of gradients I assume?

Nick

Holger
06-23-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by bloontz
I like it! Maybe put treads on the tires.
Thankyou!

I have been thinking about it, but I really like the slicks. And the model is not supposed to be anywhere near a offroad-thing. :)

Holger
06-23-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by starbase1
Love those super clean surfaces - clever use of gradients I assume?
Thankyou!

I love clean surfaces :D

Yes, I used gradients to make the nice colors. I also used the fast fresnel shader to make the shiny edges.