PDA

View Full Version : VT3 & Keyboard issue

mnbear
06-22-2004, 07:02 AM
I just wanted to comment for the newtek folks that I was having some issues with VT3 and the use of a logitech cordless DUO MX keyboard. For some reason, when using VT3, the keyboard would not work within the toaster environment. If I switched to the desktop the keyboard would work fine. This was irritating because none of the shortcut keys in VT3 worked and I couldnt name or rename files/folders.

I solved the problem by replacing the keyboard driver with the standard windows xp driver rather than logitech's "internet keyboard" driver. This is disheartening because the logitech keyboard has some nifty programmable keys that allow you to do all sorts of things. A solution to this problem would rock. :)

jcupp
06-23-2004, 05:00 PM
I use a MS wireless mouse and KB with the VT3 and have had no problems. My experience with Logitech is that they make weird drivers with compatibility problems. I've seen conflicts with graphic tablets and flash card readers with assorted Logitech mouse drivers which doesn't bode well for you.

-Jeff (Did I just actually recommend a Microsoft product?)
Digital Arts