PDA

View Full Version : LW8 New Particle Features?

jasond
06-21-2004, 10:22 PM
Can anyone with LW8 tell me what's changed with the integrated particle system from 7.5c to 8?

I have a new job that'll focus primarily on the particle system and I am wondering if an upgrade would serve for this project.

I'd appreciate any info.

Thanks!

Jason

theo
06-23-2004, 10:13 AM
I am using a lot of particle FX and I have not noticed any changes.
The thing that is nice though is the new and much more streamlined approach to PFX. This I like a lot. It is much quicker to get PFX up and running now. I don't even use the FX Browser at all any more.

Exper
06-23-2004, 10:34 AM
EditFX tab let you refine particles by hand:
very useful and powerful! :cool:

theo
06-23-2004, 10:57 AM
EditFX is useful up to a point when using particle systems. It kind of depends on how many particles you are working with. The more particles the less useful EditFX is.

EditFX is great for the dynamics side though.

Exper
06-23-2004, 11:06 AM
Agree.

But EditFx is really useful when you need to touch-up some particles and force them to move/react better!

Not a mass tool...
but a great tool to tune up to perfection! :D

jasond
06-23-2004, 01:24 PM
That tells me what I need to know.

I appreciate it, thank you!

Jason

HowardM
06-23-2004, 02:08 PM
they are easier to setup.
and they now interact better and setup more easily with ClothFX and the other FX...

no changes to HVs...
:(

JohnD
06-24-2004, 08:07 AM
I do hope in the future that a "flocking and swarming" option will be added, perhaps something along the lines of "Napalm's" ability. But LW integrated particles are still very useful...just this one addition and I will be one happy camper:D