PDA

View Full Version : Cloth FX dump

j_j
06-21-2004, 09:36 PM
Is there a way to get ClothFX to use a dump file the way that MD does. I want to get a curtain in a settled state and then calculate from there. I tried saving out a transformed object from the end of the calculation then replacing the orginal but it then goes through the settling process again. I hope that makes sense.

j_j
06-22-2004, 12:10 PM
anybody? anyone?

j_j
06-23-2004, 11:52 AM
50 views and no response. Guess I will just have to use MotionDesigner. Alot slower but it works.

Skunk
06-23-2004, 12:15 PM
sorry dude,

i don't understand half you what you said, so yea. sorry

SKUNK

HowardM
06-23-2004, 02:35 PM
Shift Frames- The user can shift the time the motion starts. Use Shift Frames if you need the motion to start on an earlier or later frame.

from the Help file...
:p

hmmm, wonder if that helps you?

not sure why youre save transformed doesnt work?
ill have to try..

j_j
06-23-2004, 05:41 PM
I don't think I am making myself clear so I linked a simple setup of what I mean. One is done in MD the other in ClothFX. The one done in MD comes in with the mesh pretensioned it doesn't need to settle due to the dump file from MD. The one done in ClothFX comes in and needs to settle for 250 frames. I don't want to shift the motion, I want to have the cloth settled at frame 0.

I found a workaround, I set up the start of the time line to -250 for the simulation thus giving the cloth time to settle before any action takes place. Then I reset the start to 0 for the playback.

If this is documented somewhere I missed it, sorry.

ClothFX/MD (http://jnorombaba.com/dl_files/ClothFX.zip)