PDA

View Full Version : Resolution rendering but not showing up

Benw
06-21-2004, 09:07 AM
When selecting an image resolution above 5000x3000 my machine is able to render the image with no problem. I get the report that says rendered in X amount of hours etc.

The problem is that I am unable to view the image.

Any thoughts?

BeeVee
06-21-2004, 09:28 AM
Are you saving an image at the end of the rendering - or more pertinently - are you setting an image format to save in before you render your scene in the Render Options window?

Another Ben

Benw
06-21-2004, 09:44 AM
I'n not trying to export the files for an animation but instead just render one frame with the Render Frame function (F10). On a smaller resolution frame I am usually prompted after the frame render with where I want to save the file and in what format.

BeeVee
06-21-2004, 09:59 AM
Sorry, but this is information you need to supply LightWave with before you render. It won't ask you after the render is done. Do you have the image viewer up? You can save the image from there as well.

B

jzndr
06-21-2004, 10:21 AM
I had a similar problem. Frame renders, but the Image Viewer never pops up.
Try turning off the "End Frame Beep" option.
Worked for me.

Benw
06-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Turning off the End Fram Beep did not solve the problem.

We've tried both the Render Current Frame (F9) and also Render Scene (F10) with the same result. The program usually hangs, quits completely or seems to render but then does not actually show or save the image.

The limitation seems to be at 8000x4000 pixels. Is there some kind of limitation on this? Is it dependant on the hardware of the machine doing the rendering?

meatycheesyboy
06-21-2004, 01:26 PM
I have the same question that BeeVee had, are you telling it to save before you render?

Alot of people don't even realize that they can do this and rely solely on saving an image through the image viewer afterwards, which is fine for small renders but not smart for large renders.

brett anderson
06-22-2004, 03:00 AM
Did you choose the Render Display with Image Viewer?
as far as I know, the render won't show up if you didn't choose Image Viewer or Image Viewer FP

BeeVee
06-22-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Benw
The limitation seems to be at 8000x4000 pixels. Is there some kind of limitation on this? Is it dependant on the hardware of the machine doing the rendering?

LightWave's limitation is at 16,000 pixels square. However, you need to be sure you aren't using any additional memory that you could be using for rendering, this is why I always propose the following:

Load your scene, tweak it as you like and set it up for rendering (that's to say, turn off "Show Rendering in Progress" and the image viewer and set the file format you wish to save as).
Set all the OpenGL options to off, make sure the viewport is in bounding box mode, and save your scene - under a different name if you like.

Make sure you don't have loads of stuff loading when you boot and then reboot the machine.

Run LightWave as the first thing you do. Load your scene as the first thing you do in LightWave and make F10 the first key you press after the scene has loaded.

B