PDA

View Full Version : acs4, the setup machine, or thomas plugins

d1wojo
06-21-2004, 07:16 AM
If it where you which one of the three would you choice to use and why and do the work with LW8.
I just am about done with a char. and would really like to rig him.
Thannks for the replies

Nemoid
06-21-2004, 10:01 AM
they are all good tools indeed. :D
It all depends from your needs.

TSM would be my choice, because u can rig chars with multiple arms , legs, also 2 spines, no matter what you need. also, it exists for diferent packages while other tools don't. u simply use a premade skeleton and adapt it to your mesh,add what u need then go to layout and you're done in a few clicks.only thing u will have to paint your weight maps if necessary.

ACS4 is good, but it has premade rigs with alot of controls and a huge use of weights so, while is very fast and good, u may find some prob if u want total flexibility and control by yourself things like painting weigh maps
(wich are not always necessary into a rig)

Thomas4D tools are good as well. they allow you to not use plugs wich is good. He's also compiling the 2.0 version wich is promising as well, but i dunno about huge flexibility.
They are Lw related like ACS4 though.

d1wojo
06-21-2004, 02:21 PM
I'm liking thomas4d because of the facial rigging do the others do the same this looks quite nice.

Robi
06-21-2004, 03:18 PM
I think you can download a demo of all three.

The best thing would be to test the rigs of them.

For me it's much more important that I am comfortable with rig, than if the riggin tool is fast and easy. With all of them you can rig a character in a few minutes (with weightmaps maybe a little bit longer ;) ).
But with the rig you are spending days, weeks or even months when animating.

I dont like the original ACS4 rig, it's a monster-rig, for me it's tedious to work with. But I can make my own rig from scratch, it's not easy but I only have to make it once.

lesterfoster
06-22-2004, 06:21 AM
I just picked up Thomas 4D and DAZ mimic PRO for lightwave.

I have used mimic a lot, and like it but I still have not used Thomas 4D yet. I am looking forward to trying it this weekend for the first time.

How ever Set-Up Machine for Lightwave look quite good as well.:)