PDA

View Full Version : booldozer v2.0 for evaluation

dilaima
06-20-2004, 04:20 PM
hello all again, this is the first release of booldozer, this is an evaluation copy, it still have island and exclude island under construction, and it'll expire in 7 days, anyway final release is free, hope u like it and hope some suggestions and improvement, also u can c the future developpement on:http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24728
thank u all for ur support.

dilaima
06-20-2004, 04:40 PM
u can download it here

grafikimon
06-21-2004, 09:43 AM
A few simple instructions would help.

I made two spheres on different layers and it said to pick two polys, which ones? So I made both foreground and ran the boolean operation. It worked.

What should I be looking for that is different than the original boolean. so far I have not seen anything new.

It does work though

Will play with it more

harlan
06-21-2004, 11:54 AM
Yeah, it appears that both meshes need to be on FGD - and it works with them both in the same layer as well.

I think the concept, is more functionality, and cleaner boolean ops. It would be completely kick-*** if it had interactivity! ;)

Nicely done though. Can't wait to see the final release.

dilaima
06-21-2004, 03:46 PM
grafikimon, here is a small tutorial showing how to use booldozer. sorry for the resolution, i have no fast connection to upload.

dilaima
06-21-2004, 04:12 PM
grafikimon, here is a small tutorial showing how to use booldozer. sorry for the resolution, i have no fast connection to upload.

bloontz
06-21-2004, 06:03 PM
That looks to be quite useful.

CAClark
06-22-2004, 02:48 AM
It would be much more useful to write somekind of accompanying text file docs rather than the animated gif. It looks to be interesting, but please give clear docs even if it's just a single text file.

Cheers!

dilaima
06-22-2004, 05:33 AM
a short manual docs, final release will include a help section too.
first lets start with the interface:

we have 4 types of operations:
3dboolean (as boolean)
2dboolean (same as boolean but this one is for polygons)
3ddrill (as solid drill)
2ddrill (as axis drill)

we have a different types of modes:
A-B (operate A from B, example subtract A from B)
--A (operate all from A)
A-- (operate A from all)

backup (will make a backup for the object before the operation, in
order to do a new operation on it, or just for and undo)

merge (will merge attached polygons after boolean, wich will give
a cleaner boolean next time)

continue (let the operator object selected after the operation, in order to move it or scale it.....and reboolean with it, this is to faster the workflow)

now to start with Booldozer all u need is select 2 polygons , each
of another object (say first poly from the box, second poly from sphere)
the objects may be in the same layer, or in the forground of a different layer, so no need to go background and forground , and swap between the two in order to move and position.....

CAClark
06-22-2004, 05:47 AM
Thanks man :)

Cheers!