PDA

View Full Version : graphic card problem

czesiu
06-20-2004, 04:14 AM
graphic card problem

Hi e-body,

I have a great problem and my only hope is that someone from forum know how to get rid of it.

Newly I have purchased/installed new graphic card:
- Gainward FX Ultra Power Pack/880
- 256MB DDR
- TV-DVI

The problems are:
- When using freehand polygon selector, the green line is partialy or completely invisible, when drawing it.

- When selecting a point or points. Points show not active in the view window, where it/they was/were selected. The points are only selected in the other windows.

- When changing from one view to another it also show some strange squares or lines.

- When creating new objects, boxe, cone, ball etc, parts of the objects is not visible until finishing creation.

Earlier I used GeForce2 MX/MX400 64MB card and everything worked well. Now I am devastated I upgraded graphic card and get worse performance.

I anybody has any solution, please help me I simply can not work under those circumstances.

Cheers
czesiu

phil lawson
06-20-2004, 04:29 AM
Have you installed the latest drivers from www.nvidia.com ?

czesiu
06-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Hi Phil,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I did install the one called:
Version: 56.72
Release Date: April 1, 2004
WHQL Certified

and it does not make any difference.

I tried to change screen resolution, color depth, etc but nothing seem to work.

But if you have any other ideas you are welcome. Actualy I have no more idea what to do.

Cheers
czesiu

BeeVee
06-20-2004, 10:43 AM
When you installed the new drivers did you uninstall the old ones? For me, whenever I update the drivers for my graphics card I always use the Add/Remove Programs tool to uninstall, reboot into a crappy 640x480 x 16-colour screen, install the new version, reboot and reset my resolution to what it was. That way you avoid any lingering bits left over from previous installations...

B

czesiu
06-20-2004, 01:14 PM
Hi BeeVee,

Thanks a lot for the tip. I did as you wrote and it worked.
Now when it is done I just wonder why I did not get that idea in first place, my self. I guess because it is so obvious.

Once again many thanks for help.

Cheers
czesiu