PDA

View Full Version : Skelegon Problem AGAIN!

badllarma
06-19-2004, 02:27 PM
Right I've really had enough of this and I'm sure it's a bug of some sort it happen in 7.5c and it is still in 8

I've created a very basic character given it weight maps then created the skelegons. So the Skelegons and the character are in the one and only layer.
Into Layout Convert Skelegons one poly created!!!! and gives an error.

Back into modeler select all the skelegons in poly mode copy and past them into layer two so I now have layer one character body layer two skelegons.
Back into layout select layer 2 covert sekelgons 19 bones created!!!! But because it is not in the charters body layer I can do sod all with them, EG move the character.

Some one tell me what I'm doing wrong here because after setting up a big skelegon set up on a complex character and going into Layout and finding it does not covert the skelegons is really *%*ing me off.

I've always wondered if it is to do with the skelegon tree or the way I create my skelegons.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
How I'm setting up example

Layer 1 character main body

I go into layer 2 create the spine and all the skelegons up to and including the head. Then open sklegon tree editor and rename my skelegons.

Go into layer three creat the skelegons for the arms (as an example) open skelgon tree rename them then copy and pate them into layer 2 and weld the points from the spine to where the sholder joins it.

an so on until until I've my full skelegon skeleton in layer two and my main character body in layer one (all the other layers that I've cut and paste from are now deleted) then finally I copy and paste the entire skelegon skeleton into layer one and delet layer two.

Import the cxharater into Layout Convert skelegons and NOTHING IS CREATED AHHHHHHHHHH.

any one please give me so help here it happens EVERY time!

a very pissed off
andy

toby
06-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Sorry I haven't had this problem and don't necc. have the solution ~ does it happen with any model? If you were to paste the character into layer 2 could it work? You don't merge points after pasting the bones into layer 1 do you?

As a work-around you could leave the bones in layer 2, draw a bone in layer 1, go to the bones' properties and "use bones from object" layer 2.

I know that's not much help, I just hate to see people suffer!

badllarma
06-19-2004, 02:56 PM
cheers for the quick reply toby
yup it can happen to any model IT really gets me down when it's a completex one that for sure just tried cpoy and pasting from one to layer 2 but no look.

The error is actually this

"A skelegon with 1 vertices has been found" even thought they are suppoed to be 19 bones. :rolleyes:

No, once the skelegon is complete in layer two then pasted into layer one I do not touch it until I'm in Layout :(

bloontz
06-19-2004, 03:30 PM
Sounds like you may have inadvertantly created a skelegon with no length, perhaps accidently double clicked. I've not had the problem you are having but I've read several warnings about how easy it is to create a zero length skelegon so I'm extra careful.

badllarma
06-19-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by bloontz
Sounds like you may have inadvertantly created a skelegon with no length, perhaps accidently double clicked. I've not had the problem you are having but I've read several warnings about how easy it is to create a zero length skelegon so I'm extra careful.

your spot on it also explains why it happens so randomly from model to model when I'm working too much coffee and a tired mouse hand thanks for your help this has caused me so much problems over the months it's nice to finally get it sorted!
I had a simaler reply at SplinQuad went back and redid the skelegons again.

What throws me is with bones you have a root but skelegons you do not so when I see an extra skelegon I though it was for the root :rolleyes: Still you live and learn
cheers for your help :)
andy

bloontz
06-19-2004, 04:31 PM
Really modeler shouldn't allow you to create a zero length skelegon if it will give an error when converted, I would kind of consider that a bug. They should probably change it so it gives an error message or ignores the click.

toby
06-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Sometimes I'll get double skelegons without accidental clicks. I'll make a few, say 8 skelegons, when I convert it says "16 bones created". Then I go back to modeler and merge/unify and it says "16 points removed/ 8 polygons removed"