PDA

View Full Version : T3 LW unable to locate files

D.Smith
06-19-2004, 04:45 AM
Hello,

I am trying to use Lightwave for some basic logo work.
It seems as if the T3 version does not have its files linked together properly. It is unable to find objects, images, plug-ins...
I was able to find some files manually, but it was a hassle to go through every time you want to load something.

There was a post not that long ago about how to set up the T3 LW, to find the files it needs to operate.

Does anyone have an easy solution?

Thanks,

Doug

SBowie
06-19-2004, 06:08 AM
Open Layout, press o on your keyboard to open the options panel, and in the first line at the top (Content Directory) point to your Lightwave\programs directory.

bradl
06-21-2004, 04:09 PM
FYI: There is a known bug in the latest patch (4909) that will delete all your LW content that was installed with the release version. Move it or back it up first...

Tom Wood
06-21-2004, 05:15 PM
So, putting together both of the above posts, place all of your new LightWave content in a new folder outside of the VT3 folder so it will never be overwritten by any updates. Then point Layout to that new folder as the content directory. I'd keep the 'default' content that came with LightWave in its own folder, also outside the VT3 folder, and move anything you want to use into your content directory as needed.

TW

D.Smith
06-22-2004, 05:00 AM
Thanks for the info.

Still seems as if some of the plug-ins do not work?

Doug