PDA

View Full Version : What Happened??

RayLarson
06-18-2004, 09:56 AM
Since loading the latest T3 patch I can no longer see pages in progress over video when I check "VT Vision" This was a great feature for setting up text over video....Did something get changes?????? HELP

Jim_C
06-18-2004, 12:08 PM
I had that problem the other night and I had to manually go to the switcher and load the CG into the DSK. After doing that once then the check mark worked ok.

Dunno what happened check mark use to work first time all the time before

RayLarson
06-18-2004, 12:27 PM
Hmmmm..I will have to give that a try....Wonder if it stays that way after it is changed or if it defaults. Personally I liked it the way it was.

Rich Deustachio
06-18-2004, 01:03 PM
Nope it keeps going back to off. It really should stay on if you save the configuration but doesn't.

RayLarson
06-18-2004, 01:44 PM
too bad...talk about "If it's not broke...don't fix it" It was really a great feature the way it was.....but I suppose it would be a problem using the VT3 in a live environment.

wvp
06-18-2004, 07:00 PM
I think I saw tahte mentioned somewhere (that it was changed to prevent issues with live switching).
Guess they really are focusing more on the live stuff...

Rich Deustachio
06-18-2004, 07:55 PM
If they gave us the option of saving it in our desktop setup or a prefrences option, it would satisfy both user types.

Jim_C
06-18-2004, 08:35 PM
Yes! Yes indeed it would.
That was a nice option.
Very nice option actually.

tmon
06-22-2004, 02:05 PM
The quickest way to deal with this, AFAIK, is to select the switcher, then press the "D" key.

It seems that the default is set to not have the CG overlay on so that the Live Switch people don't have the CG popping up unexpectedly.

Gordon
06-24-2004, 08:31 AM
Since loading the latest T3 patch I can no longer see pages in progress over video when I check "VT Vision" This was a great feature for setting up text over video
I wonder if this is part of the same problem a customer is having. He clicks on the 'VT-Vision' button (not the 'Out To Switcher' button) and his T-Edit shows up as it should as a background. Problem is that his CG text and graphics dissappear and he still can't place his text on the screen as he used to be able to do.
You used to be able to have the 'Program Out' show up as a background so you could place text where you want. Now he can't do this because the CG text boxes seem to dissappear as soon as he hits this 'VT-Vision' button.

It seems that the default is set to not have the CG overlay on so that the Live Switch people don't have the CG popping up unexpectedly.
This may be a different although possibly related problem, that option is controlled with the 'Out To Switcher' button. I like the new behaviour of the 'Out To Switcher' button in that seems to place the CG generator on the key buss and then you have to either 'Fade DSK' or 'Take' the DSK. But the new problem is the behavior of the 'VT Vision' button not the 'Out To Switcher' button.

What I would like to see on the CG Generator interface is that the 'VT Vision' button place the Program Out as a background but have no effect on the key buss. Then I would like to replace the 'Out To Switcher' button with a 'Live Fade CG' button and slider control for speed just below it. This speed slider would be a similar control to what you find on the Switcher but available right on the CG Generator interface. Of course the 'Live Fade CG' button would, with a single click, place the CG Generator on the key buss, if need be, and then fade it on. (I'll submit this suggestion to [email protected])