PDA

View Full Version : To open any part of the modeler interface in LScript

°.:Xk-Liber:.°
06-18-2004, 03:51 AM
Hello,
It's my first post here.
I haven't found any suggestion on da web so... I'm here :)

I only want to open, in LScript, the Surface Editor (Shortcut : F5 in LW8) at the beginning of the plugin I develop actually.

Is there anybody here who knows how I can do this? (the technic, so I'll be able in the future, to open other part of the modeler, or layout, interface with an LScript command).

Thks in advance :)

papou
06-19-2004, 01:28 PM
SurfaceEditor(0);
Did you try that?

06-19-2004, 02:44 PM
Ah ah ah ça c'est fort :D
MDR
Merci Yannick je vais essayer ça :p

J'avais justement créé un compte pour poser ma question ici parce que t'étais pas là et que je voulais pas te déranger pendant tes petits congés ;) LOL

Bonne fin de w-e et à lundi

Jérôme :)

papou
06-19-2004, 08:08 PM
arf!

06-20-2004, 03:45 AM
Arf, pas très bavard ce TAIS ;) :p

SurfaceEditor(0);
doesn't work :(
I'll finaly found a way to do this, there is no reason I won't ...

J'te montrerai ça lundi tu verras si t'as une idée à me suggérer, c'est pas primordial pour le script mais j'ai pensé que ça pourrait faire mieux et aider l'utilisateur à se repérer et voir certaines informations. :)

Bon Dimanche.

papou
06-20-2004, 07:03 AM
SurfaceEditor(); look like to work.
Don't know about the 0, it seems to be there with Lightwave8.

a lundi!

faulknermano
06-20-2004, 11:42 PM
when in doubt use CommandInput:

CommandInput("Surface Editor 0");

06-21-2004, 05:56 PM
Thk u faulknermano. :)

I've tried your idea but it doesn't open the Surface Editor (but the function exist and is known 'cause the LScript doesn't warn me about any error). :(
(no error in LW8 but in LW7.5 argh : "Unresolved function ...").

Perhaps your trick works in a specific way of coding plugin (I'm doing a "basic" modeler script : with a main function and other functions I've created, I'm not using others ways like "generic", "procedure" and "options" functions like I've found in the LScript PDF help files).

faulknermano
06-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by °.:Xk-Liber:.°

Perhaps your trick works in a specific way of coding plugin (I'm doing a "basic" modeler script : with a main function and other functions I've created, I'm not using others ways like "generic", "procedure" and "options" functions like I've found in the LScript PDF help files).

oops. yep. i dont know of a way to open the surface editor in modeler.

faulknermano
06-25-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by faulknermano
oops. yep. i dont know of a way to open the surface editor in modeler.

now i do.

main
{
CommandInput("Surf_OpenWindow");
}

MiniFireDragon
06-25-2004, 07:07 AM
Not that I know what I am talking about (and I truly don't) but I would assume a 0 to be CLOSE and a 1 to OPEN. Or atleast that is how I seen it in C++. Or any other number besides 0.

06-29-2004, 04:39 PM
Aaaand the wiiiner iiiiiis ..... (tadaaaaam) :

CommandInput("Surf_OpenWindow");
It works !

Thanks faulknermano , I would have spend all my days on searching to find this (or even not to find ) ;)
How did you find that?
It's great! :)

Thanks too MiniFireDragon, to answer me too and to give me other ideas :)

faulknermano
06-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by °.:Xk-Liber:.°

How did you find that?

as of v2.6, modeler supports CommandInput(). i read this in the release notes (if you need them, just PM or email me). so i just outputted the command lists of layout and looked at the command of the surfeditor. it's a good thing it works, actually, becuase i thought it wouldnt. :)

06-30-2004, 02:44 AM
Ok :)
I've sent U a "pm" for the notes (and I've written, in my plug, a little dedicace to U, just before using Ur Input Command :p )