PDA

View Full Version : DAZ abd NewTek ???

byte_fx
06-18-2004, 12:46 AM
The last few days there's been quite a buzz going around that DAZ may have been bought.

By far the two most mentioned possibilities are NewTek - for Poser-type/Mimic development and Apple - so it can make DAZ Studio an Apple-only upper-entry level 3D program.

Just wondered if anyone here has heard anything.

byte_fx

kirkmorger
06-18-2004, 01:30 PM
I thought Curious Labs made Poser and DAZ 3D made all the Kick-Butt models for it? (ie. DAZ is the reason people buy Poser from Curious Labs). I'm probably mistaken, though...

Anyway, I haven't heard anything, but I don't frequent the forums. If Newtek DID by DAZ 3D, that would be awesome. Having quality "3D Clip Art" for LightWave at reasonable prices would definitely increase LightWave sales and market share.

But of course, this is all IMHO...

(If Apple bought DAZ, it might be the end of Curious Labs. Very few of their sales are Mac, and it would give a lot fewer people reason to buy PC Poser. No V3 on a PC? No Sales.).

byte_fx
06-19-2004, 04:41 PM
Don't know what the exact deal is between Poser and DAZ as I don't see any reason to use either.

Anyway - guess the news isn't that they've been bought out. Apparently the big news was to be announced Friday - but wasn't. Sound familiar ?

But DAZ did announce that they have not been bought out.

byte_fx

hunter
06-24-2004, 09:52 AM
http://www.daz3d.com/program/bryce/#bryce02

there ya go.