PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Objects not loading

walkinginspace
03-27-2003, 08:48 AM
I have a scene setup and I'm trying to import a object. When i load the object, it shows up in schematic view but in the layout windows it's just a dot. I've tried zooming and scaling and nothing. I've tried reversing the process loading the one scene then loading objects to that and same thing. It's like I can't add objects to a scene. I have no clue what in the world is going on here.

steve

chilledaqua
03-27-2003, 08:42 PM
what is the object? is it skelegons or what?

walkinginspace
03-27-2003, 09:03 PM
Just a starfield made up of one point polys. But it's doing it for all objects, I've even tried making a simple scene and just loading/adding a object to it and it comes in as a little point. It even thinks about loading it, like takes time to load it. It's driving me mad.

steve

walkinginspace
03-27-2003, 09:08 PM
Ok, I have a clean scene, and the object loads fine. But once I load that one object, LW won't let me load anymore to that scene. Is there a poly limit setting or something. The starfield object has like 200,000 polys.....

chilledaqua
03-27-2003, 09:37 PM
It sort of sounds like a memory issue. It does take a significant amount of memory to load in large objects.. how much memory do you have?

walkinginspace
03-27-2003, 09:42 PM
Half a gig. I think I've found the issue, the object I was loading was huge, in size...it's a starfield so it was like mega meters or something. And what was happening was that the camera was being push out to view it. Is there a way to make it so the camera doesn't try to fit everything in view once loaded?

chilledaqua
03-27-2003, 09:51 PM
i'm not sure if you can set that automatically but i do know that you can go into the Display Tab under display options and set the grid square size to what you want so that when you move an object it doesn't move in incriments of 1km ;) unless of course that's what you want since your talking space travel